CLOSING DATE: March 21, 2021
THE Scottish Sun is recruiting a deputy editor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in the day-to-day running and development of the award-winning print and digital content of this No.1 newsbrand.
As a key member of the senior team, the deputy editor will be the main support to the editor-in-chief, will be responsible for the leadership and management of multiple teams and will also play an integral role in driving positive change across digital and print.
The ideal candidate will be skilled and experienced in both content and production journalism, have lots of drive and ambition and have a track record in proactively taking on responsibility and delivering results.
They must be comfortable working across all platforms with a story first team across print and digital while also being able to manage a significant additional workload. Strong organisational, people and communication skills are a must in order to assist in creating a diverse and inclusive product and talent pool.
Skills and experience:
* an impeccable background in journalism;
* extensive knowledge of Scottish politics;
* proven track record in managing print and digital teams;
* adapt to changing priorities across both print and digital;
* be flexible working across seven days;
* be a good motivator;
* have great people management skills and a desire to bring out the best in people;
* be able to work effectively and calmly under pressure; and
* be organised and have the ability to look beyond the day-to-day pressures with forward planning and strategic thinking.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To find out more, click here.