CLOSING DATE: April 30, 2021
A RARE and exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of digital editor for The Scottish Sun – on a six-month basis.
Reporting to the editor-in-chief, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the highest standard of digital journalism and leading the online team as we move to become a story first company.
Already a leading newsbrand in digital across Scotland, with a monthly reach of 3.1 million, the successful applicant will be expected to maintain and grow our audience and engagement while, working alongside commercial colleagues, help drive digital revenues.
* Overseeing The Scottish Sun website and social channels;
* Editing stories to ensure the highest standard of presentation, particularly in headlines and pictures, to best maximise traffic;
* Working with editorial colleagues across our increasingly integrated newsroom for fresh lines, particularly on large live and breaking stories;
* Managing online news, social and SEO desk heads;
* Working collaboratively with internal departments, including commercial and marketing;
* Making using of analytics to report to colleagues and the wider business on a regular basis; and
* Maintaining an excellent relationship and seeking opportunities with the online, audience, sport, tech and radio teams across the whole of News UK.
Skills and experience:
* Digital experience on a fast-paced national news platform;
* Experience in leading high performance teams and business transformation;
* Understands Scottish Sun DNA and how it translates to digital platforms;
* Expert in SEO and social media;
* Awareness of the digital media environment, trends and audience behaviours;
* Skilled in creating commercially viable editorial projects and initiatives; and
* Fully aware of legal issues, the PCC Code of Conduct and IPSO standards.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
To apply, click here.