CLOSING DATE: July 2, 2021
THE Oban Times Newspaper Group wants to recruit an experienced, dynamic, and ambitious senior journalist to take up the role of chief reporter of the Group’s stable of weekly newspapers in the West Highlands.
This role has been created for a talented and ambitious manager to lead the reporting teams at head office in Oban and various satellite offices. The successful candidate will be a clear thinker, who will add further zest to our team, and have the ability to use their knowledge and expertise to mentor, encourage, and develop the reporting staff.
They will require:
*A good news sense, be organised, and have an impeccable eye for detail;
*A passion for accuracy and able to understand and conform quickly to house style;
*Ability to work effectively and enthusiastically, leading the team on several projects simultaneously;
* Experience of working on digital platforms;
* Effective communication skills;
* Digital and social media awareness; and
* A full driving licence is essential.
The chief reporter’s duties will include:
* Sourcing major news stories and developing investigative reports;
* Working with the editor and sub-editors to ensure all titles are published on time and that the news desk runs smoothly and efficiently;
* Ensuring that all articles are subbed and are ready for publication;
* Sourcing the most appropriate images for articles; and
* Making best use of social media.
The successful candidate will live and work in one of the most beautiful areas of the West Highlands, and local knowledge would be an advantage. Other benefits include a generous salary, contributory pension scheme and resettlement assistance.
Please apply by email, sending your CV, plus a covering letter and some examples of your work to: email@example.com
Closing date: July 2,2021.