CLOSING DATE: July 17, 2021
THE Scottish Conservative MSPs are recruiting a new head of Media to support their work in the Scottish Parliament and to implement their communications strategy.
Responsibilities for the head of Media include:
• Writing key media releases, speeches and columns;
• Briefing MSPs prior to broadcast interviews;
• Planning and organising media coverage;
• Helping to develop and enact the communications strategy;
• Helping to direct coverage and manage the media and social team;
• Generating ideas for social media content;
• Producing social media content in conjunction with a graphics team;
• Organising and running media campaigns;
• Helping to manage the press and communications team; and
• Deputising for the Director of Communications as required.
• A good relationship with Scottish media and/or a proven track record building relationships with stakeholders;
• Several years’ experience working in a media environment with a strong journalism or PR background; and
• Experience managing a team, including training and developing staff.
We value diversity, welcome applications from all backgrounds, and appoint on merit. The successful candidate will be required to undergo standard Scottish Parliamentary security checks.
Closing date: 16 July 2021
Interview/start dates: Interviews will be arranged on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to appoint the successful candidate before the closing date.
Application details: Please apply by emailing a CV – no more than two sides of A4 – and a cover letter – no more than one side of A4 – to Nicholas.email@example.com by 5.00pm on the closing date.