CLOSING DATE: December 2, 2021
DC Thomson Media is looking for an experienced reporter to join its nostalgia team to cover the Tayside and Fife areas of Scotland for a period of approximately 10 – 12 months, until October 2022.
This team is an important part of our newsrooms, working in a fast-paced environment to create digital-first content. We provide our readers with a huge amount of high quality content, bringing to life tales from yesteryear.
Focusing on anniversaries and events, often bringing to light new information, the team also reacts quickly to breaking stories, adding to the rich package provided to readers both online and in print. The successful candidate will be adept at creating both in-depth features and picture-led pieces. They should also be comfortable with using social media to promote their work and spark debate.
We are looking for a journalist with a minimum of one year’s newsroom experience, who can hit the ground running in our Dundee-based team. They should have a track-record of digitally optimising content making use of a range of multimedia tools.
The successful candidate must:
* Be a journalist, with newsroom experience, have a track record of breaking stories online and generating ideas for exclusive and engaging content;
* Have a passion for working in a fast-paced environment;
* Have a willingness to embrace new skills and tools in the digital arena such as SEO, social media, video, audio etc.;
* Ability to work in a team, collaborating on ideas and sharing responsibility for meeting newsroom targets;
* Have highly-developed communication skills
* Have detailed knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice, GDPR and media law; and
* Have a full driving licence.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, temporary position until October 2022, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.