CLOSING DATE: March 23, 2022
DC Thomson Media is looking for enthusiastic and talented reporters to join its Dundee-based team serving The Courier and Evening Telegraph titles, as well as thecourier.co.uk.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you will create digital-first content. You will help to maintain our brands’ reputations for producing quick, reliable and trusted news better than anyone else in our geographies.
We are preferably looking for a journalist with newsroom experience who can hit the ground running.
You should have an understanding of digitally optimising content making use of a range of multimedia tools.
* A passion for working in a fast-paced environment;
* A willingness to embrace new skills and tools in the digital arena such as SEO, social media, video, audio etc.;
* The ability to work in a team, collaborating on ideas and sharing responsibility for meeting newsroom targets;
* Highly-developed communication skills;
* Detailed knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice, GDPR and media law;
* Shorthand preferable; and
* A full driving licence.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.