CLOSING DATE: March 22, 2022
DC Thomson Media is a privately-owned family business currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data, and talent. People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next five years.
We have an exciting portfolio of media brands including The Stylist Group, Puzzler Media as well as communities in energy, local and national news, women’s and children’s magazines, lifestyle, teaching, crafts, and sport.
While our roots are firmly in publishing, with a portfolio of newspapers and magazines, DC Thomson Media has diversified into digital technology, radio, TV, and events.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercial copywriter to join our growing team.
The role of this team is to bring our advertising clients’ stories to life, to drive maximum engagement, optimise commercial content volume and profit, and constantly look for ways to evolve how we engage with our customer base, by sharing learnings and performance metrics.
The commercial copywriter is required to write and coordinate copy for our advertising clients’ paid-for partnership campaign features to help them tell their story and communicate key messages with customers/potential customers, across all DC Thomson print and digital titles.
This role would suit an experienced copywriter with a proven track record of creating commercial content for a variety of media. The successful candidate should be versatile with the ability to create engaging copy for a variety of audiences and to deliver the tone and voice of that brand.
This is a hybrid flexible role offering a blend of home and office working. We are flexible about your home location providing you are willing to travel to one of our local offices in Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow or London occasionally.
This is a six-month contract with the potential of becoming a full-time position.
* Day-to-day creation of print and digital native content across all relevant platforms;
* Working with the sales leads and commercial creative team in ideating strong creative story concept in response to customer briefs;
* Work closely with customer to advise them on effective content, audience, and tone of voice and to source detail required to build successful content. At times this will also include edit/re-write copy supplied by clients as required;
* Write and edit custom branded content across a variety of content verticals;
* Ensure that all branded/native content is on-brand, grammatically correct, editorially structured, and optimised:
* Ensure branded / native content is in line with the objectives of the advertising partner and the KPIs of the campaign;
* To sub all content to check for spelling and grammar;
* Generate ideas to evolve the content mix across the portfolio to focus beyond words and images e.g., video/social assets; and
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and work autonomously.
Knowledge, qualifications, skills and experience:
* Your written English should be perfect: creative, accurate, and adaptable;
* You’ll have previously published writing we can see (of either an editorial or commercial slant) even if it’s on your own blog or social channels;
* Some experience in a digital marketing or editorial environment, from a newsroom to an agency, is highly desirable;
* You’re calm and organised under pressure, managing a multitude of to-dos across different projects at any one time;
* You have an up-to-date understanding of the industry and how native marketing works:
* You’re creative and commercially insightful, and can come up with good ideas of how to connect different brands with our audiences;
* Naturally, you’ll be pleasant to work with and warm and professional with our clients;
* Self-driven and highly motivated;
* Exceptional communication skills and writing skills;
* Proven record of commercial copywriting, digital experience desirable;
* Collaborative mindset and ability to work across brands and content types;
* An eye for detail;
* Planning and deadline management:
* Strong interpersonal skills;
* Open minded and flexible to change;
* A competitive streak and professional manner; and
* Full of energy, passion, and enthusiasm.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, temporary, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside, Aberdeen or Glasgow office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.