CLOSING DATE: June 16, 2022
DC Thomson is a privately-owned family business currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data, and talent.
People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long-lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next five years.
We have an exciting portfolio of media brands – including The Stylist Group, Puzzler Media as well as communities in energy, local and national news, women’s and children’s magazines, lifestyle, teaching, crafts, and sport.
While our roots are firmly in publishing, with a portfolio of newspapers and magazines, DC Thomson has diversified into digital technology, radio, TV, and events.
We have exciting new opportunities to join our Local Sales Teams in Glasgow and Inverness who have been working collaboratively for the past year and continue to go from strength to strength.
As an account manager, you will be expected to exceed targets and maximise revenue in a cross-platform approach across all of our news brands, convert new business while also having assigned lapsed clients from across the portfolio to convert into active clients.
This role is an opportunity to join a successful sales team and use your experience to help grow the team further.
* Study and fully understand all facets of our media portfolio and services being offered;
* Approach potential clients through new leads, cold calls, existing relationships, promotional events, or other means;
* Hone and deliver a skilled sales pitch to potential clients, either by phone or in person, in an effort to secure a sale;
* Explain the benefits and potential audience of specific media offerings to potential clients;
* Detail pricing and ability to negotiate costs when necessary;
* Maintain excellent relationships with all clients in your portfolio;
* Visiting clients, attend tradeshows, or participate in industry events or trainings as necessary;
* Meet clients outside of normal business hours when necessary; and
* Upskill in various sales tactics and approaches approved by the company where appropriate.
* A commercially-driven thinker that can identify and act up on opportunities;
* Understanding of how communication best works externally and internally;
* Maximise the use of system/s to track opportunities, revenue pipeline and accurate client reporting using CRM;
* Manage and grow an existing client base as well as developing new business, maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders;
* Monitor competitor activity and chase relevant leads to increase revenues;
* Meet and even exceed expectations and KPIs;
* An articulate communicator with the ability to present persuasively and influence at a senior level;
* Good data and information analysis skills;
* Excellent lateral thinking skills, in particular an ability to look beyond the obvious;
* Excellent report writing and presentation ability;
* A high-level of competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
* Knowledge of our news and magazine brands is highly beneficial.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Glasgow or Inverness office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.