CLOSING DATE: June 24, 2022
STV is Scotland’s home of news and entertainment, serving audiences with quality content on air, online and on demand. STV’s broadcast channel, accessible free-to-air on all the main TV platforms in Scotland, reaches 3.5 million viewers each month and is home to some of the biggest and most popular shows on television. Flagship news programme, STV News at Six, continues to grow its audience share.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced camera operator who will be based in our Glasgow office for an initial period of six months.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a proven ability to identify and collect the elements that we need to cover stories for our audience, working to the highest standards across multiple programmes, including Scotland Tonight, What’s On Scotland, STV News and other productions for both broadcast and digital.
Key requirements of the role:
You will be working with creative production teams covering a wide range of content, from big interviews with the politicians or celebrities, sensitive conversations in people’s homes or features out and about around the country. Programmes covering entertainment, current affairs, news, and short-form documentaries.
We require our team members to work together to get the best content, to be creative and bold in their approach to filming, to have enthusiasm for the content and to come up with original filming ideas and treatments.
The successful candidate should be flexible when required to work overtime and, beyond their rostered hours of work as opportunities for filming can change at short notice. Mostly this will be Monday to Friday, but occasional weekend work will be required.
Skills and experience:
- Depth of experience in ESC filming and operations;
- Understanding of lighting techniques for location filming;
- Experience of alternative filming kit e.g., drones, 360, GoPro;
- Experience of live programme working, both into SNG vehicles and remote inject points;
- Understanding of single camera lighting and knowledge of relevant Health and Safety hazards and controls;
- Experience in the use of Avid Newsroom system is desirable;
- Experience of laptop edit store and forward systems is desirable;
- Ability to work under pressure and operate within a live television environment;
- Technical and operation skills, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail; and
- A flexible approach to meeting the changing needs of production and an interest in emerging technology and platforms.
To apply please send a covering letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – please confirm in your cover letter where you saw the advert.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and nine public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras;
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday;
- Healthcare cash plan providing company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs;
- Cycle-to-work scheme;
- Season ticket travel loan;
- On-site occupational health service; and
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.