CLOSING DATE: August 1, 2022
DC Thomson is a privately-owned family business currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data, and talent.
People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long-lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next five years.
We have an exciting portfolio of media brands – including The Stylist Group and Puzzler Media – as well as communities in energy, local and national news, women’s and children’s magazines, lifestyle, teaching, crafts, and sport.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an entry-level picture researcher to join our Scottish magazine titles team.
The multiple award-winning Scots Magazine brings readers the best of Scotland every month.
It’s the oldest magazine in the world still being published and, with 174,000 readers around the globe, is the world’s best-selling Scottish-interest title. Living magazine, with nine editions each quarter reaching 180,000 households in Scotland, is one of the country’s premium, freely-distributed magazine titles.
We are looking for someone with a passion for photography with an excellent eye to find the best image for the job.
You will be a strong communicator with excellent deadline management skills, and a determination to negotiate the most favourable rates. Liaising with editors and graphic designers, you will manage picture acquisition for The Scots Magazine, Living magazine and an ever-developing stable of brand extensions. You will assume responsibility for managing image budgets, sourcing hi-res files and general image administration.
This is an entry level role with a unique opportunity to begin your career in media and learn from the best in the industry.
* Sourcing images through appropriate channels;
* Negotiating fees and securing copyright clearance;
* Working with editors, content journalists and design staff to ensure brand values are reflected visually;
* Maintain records and undertake necessary administration; and
* Contributing to generation of content ideas, problem solving and brand development idea.
Knowledge, qualifications, skills and experience:
* A qualification, background or interest in photography is highly desirable;
* With multiple deadlines each week, an ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standards;
* An excellent eye for the right image;
* Superb research skills;
* Ability to work independently under pressure;
* Negotiating skills;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
* Awareness of GDPR and IPSO Codes of Practice.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. This is a hybrid flexible role offering a blend of home and office working from Dundee (Meadowside) office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.