CLOSING DATE: August 26, 2022
PEEBLES Media Group is looking for an experienced senior digital and data manager to join its Glasgow team.
The company’s digital portfolio has gone from strength to strength over the last five years and, despite the coronavirus pandemic, has continued to see year-on-year growth of its brands online. This role requires someone who can continue to build upon existing success while leading the company in its continued digital expansion and motivate and inspire enthusiasm for change.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong background in digital and data looking to progress their career, bringing their knowledge and experience to lead a talented and enthusiastic team. You will need to bring excellent organisational skills and a dynamic approach as you work on a range of projects, prioritising work accordingly to meet multiple deadlines.
About the company:
Peebles Media Group is one of Scotland’s leading independent publishing companies, specialising in B2B and B2C publications, award events, and trade exhibitions.
Peebles Media Group is now based in state-of-the-art offices in a central location with excellent transport links to Glasgow and beyond. The offices were built as part of the Clyde Gateway project – currently Scotland’s biggest regeneration programme, targeting the east end of Glasgow to build on the legacy of the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Our consumer titles include Homes & Interiors Scotland and Tie the Knot Scotland, whilst SLTN, Scottish Grocer, Project Plant, Project Scotland, Packaging Scotland and Envirotec reach thousands of industry subscribers each issue. Across our portfolio, we offer national and regional client’s access to a loyal and engaged audience through print and digital platforms.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and coach the Digital and Data team and inspire change within the company, promoting digital best-practice across its brands;
- Direct the digital strategy to promote growth across all the company’s brands and digital channels;
- Work with both the editorial and sales teams for each brand to capitalise on existing revenue streams and identify new ones;
- Direct the generation of engaging and timely content across the company’s brand portfolio, including web, social, email, imagery, audio, and video;
- Oversight of marketing and communications activities to promote the company’s brands across its digital channels;
- Coordinate the processing of circulation and subscriptions, supporting the team with timely production of audit reports;
- Continually review and appraise workflows and processes to ensure they are efficient, implementing new technology and practices where appropriate to improve these;
- Provide training to staff in the use of new systems, processes, and technologies;
- Line managing Digital and Data team; and
- Set targets and KPIs for digital growth and expansion and motivate the company to exceed these.
Experience and personal qualities:
- Minimum five years working in a marketing or communications setting with a digital and/or data focus;
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communication skills;
- Self-motivated and proactive, with excellent organisational skills and drive to meet deadlines;
- Superior technical skills, with an understanding of coding, analytics, and SaaS tools;
- Strong IT skills, with extensive technical knowledge and experience in working with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management systems (CRMs);
- Willingness to learn and be unafraid to try new things; and
- Understanding of principles data protection and GDPR.
To apply for this role please submit a copy of your CV along with an accompanying cover letter detailing what attracted you to this role and why you think you would be a suitable candidate, with details on any relevant projects you have worked on. (Please note, applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered).
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com