CLOSING DATE: September 5, 2022
WE are looking for a talented production journalist to join our Aberdeen team to serve STV News audiences across our web and social channels.
The focus of the role is to produce trusted and engaging video content from news material gathered by colleagues in the field across Scotland. You will also have a keen eye for other video sources such as wire services and social media.
You will be an experienced journalist with video editing skills and confidence with text, photos, and graphics to create compelling and accessible content. A basic knowledge of digital publishing best practice and social media distribution is desirable but no substitute for great ideas and creative talent.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about news and current affairs, excited about digital opportunities and comfortable with the pace of newsroom change. STV News is built on teamwork, and you will need to establish strong and effective relationships with colleagues to help deliver Scotland’s most engaging, trusted, and accessible news service.
- Produce video and text assets for publication using a variety of content management systems;
- Edit content to a high standard using industry tools such as Premiere Pro and AVID (training available);
- Publish content to various content management systems to defined standards;
- Manage metadata for assets across all publishing platforms;
- Perform video and text quality control checks and sign-off content against defined specifications;
- Participate in wider newsroom activity such as idea generation and content planning; and
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience of producing video content to a high standard;
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and effective organisational skills;
- An understanding of social media distribution, content management systems and digital publishing processes;
- Creative, confident, and committed to getting the job done;
- Team worker with a collaborative mindset and good communication skills; and
- A journalism qualification is preferred but not essential.
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 05 September 2022
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV; here are just a few of the perks for you:
- 25 days leave and nine public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras scheme;
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday;
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs;
- Company pension contribution;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Season ticket travel loan;
- On-site occupational health service; and
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from an ethnically diverse background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.