CLOSING DATE: July 24, 2012
EMAIL Marketing Manager
Based – Edinburgh
What you would do
Working as part of the Digital Marketing team and reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the formulation and operational delivery of Email Marketing Strategy which will feed into overarching Digital & Media strategy for assigned business areas within VisitScotland. This will be achieved through an advanced knowledge of all Digital & Media channels to include: Digital Marketing, Design, Development, Analytics and Project Management.
You will develop email marketing strategies, analysing metrics, testing plans that enhance marketing campaign performance, increasing the email marketing list in conjunction with CRM Manager and marketing teams, managing budgets, creating forecasting plans, reconciling ROI, planning email initiatives, managing Email Marketing Executives and being the liaison between the email marketing team and other departments.
Through this broad knowledge spectrum and working closely with colleagues in D&M, you will have ultimate responsibility for email marketing strategy direction (in partnership with key business areas), email project management and operational delivery of email marketing projects/campaigns in assigned business areas. This will be achieved through:
* Working in partnership with internal and external skilled resource to deliver global email marketing strategies for VisitScotland in both B2B and B2C environments.
* Effective project management for excellence in digital practices.
* Contributing to and disseminating a databank of knowledge and best practice on email marketing, particularly on latest developments in digital technology.
* Managing and delivering email marketing projects in line with operational plans
* Measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of email marketing activities and strategies.
What you would need to have
* Graduate calibre preferably with Marketing/Web/IT qualification.
* Extensive experience in marketing with particular emphasis on email marketing, digital technology, campaign/project management.
* Excellent analytical/web development knowledge
* Strong understanding of CRM and new media technology usage.
* Strong grasp of segmentation and analysis.
* Excellent communication skills, tenacity and ability to make things happen.
* First class interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills.
* Easily capable of winning the confidence, trust and support of senior colleagues across the organisation.
* Strong team player able to work across structural boundaries; open-minded, entrepreneurial and at ease with constant innovation and change.
Closing date: 24th July 2012
To apply and to view the full job description, visit www.visitscotland.org/about_us/working_for_us
Please note, any salary/salary range and benefits described in this advertisement, are indicative only. The actual salary offered to the successful candidate will be dependent on skills and experience.