CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2013
Natural Power is a leading independent renewable energy consultancy and products provider offering consultancy, management and due diligence services across the onshore wind, offshore wind, wave, tidal and biomass sectors. We have built a successful ethos for delivering environmentally rewarding projects that allow clients to reach their economic objectives.
The creative team at Natural Power provides in-house brand and marketing capabilities to the renewables sector. With design and media experts, we support projects through highly-creative communications solutions. Primarily developing marketing and communication materials for Natural Power, we also support related / sister companies and also external clients.
Due to our ongoing success, we are looking to recruit a copywriter / technical writer into our offices in Falkirk or Stirling or our Scottish headquarters, The Green House, in Dumfries and Galloway.
Reporting into the head of marketing and working closely with creative team, you will have ultimate responsibility for the company’s voice through all textual content including advertising, press statements, web material and promotional literature.
You will provide key technical writing services to internal departments and external commercial clients. A selection of main duties and responsibilities include:
- All areas of copywriting including positioning / messaging, copy editing, proofreading, fact checking (liaising with the company’s market analyst), layout and design.
- Provide input to department technical documents often working for our clients directly.
- Develop and deliver on a specific tone of voice for the company as part of the overall marketing strategy.
- Differentiate by markets, technologies and territories.
- Develop a set of key market messages based on corporate performance within the market, and report on these on a regular basis for use by the marketing and BD teams.
- Provide key insight to industry standards and new approaches.
- Support the wider team with administrative duties as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
You will be degree-qualified, with a proven track record in a similar role, gained within a comparable industry such as, financial, technology, consultancy etc. Further to this, you will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Experienced in working across campaigns and writing advertising copy, both online and offline.
- Experience in writing DM and web copy.
- Experienced in producing online content, ideally for an educated or professional audience.
- Writing or editing experience within a commercial environment.
- Skilled in advertising copywriting.
- Comfortable with handling figures.
- Able to manage and interpret data in light of client / business objectives
- Good business acumen (eg comfortable with terminology: revenue, profit, loss, margin)
- IT literate (minimum of Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
You will have excellent communication skills, being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format.
In addition to this, you will have first-rate inter-personal skills being capable of building relationships with clients, staff and third parties alike. You will be highly motivated and committed with excellent time management skills, being capable of managing and prioritising your own challenging and often conflicting workload.
The position is based from either our offices in Falkirk or Stirling or our Scottish headquarters, The Green House in rural Dumfries and Galloway (for a more accurate location, please use the following postcodes FK2 7EY, FK9 4TU, DG7 3XS). Regardless of location, a degree of travel between offices will be expected. As such, a driver’s license is essential.
Salary offered will depend on your experience and fit for role. A selection of benefits include: membership to our group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, Friday BBQ’s, bike to work scheme, life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection, amongst others. Natural Power is a growing business and is committed to your personal development.
How to apply
Full details on the post are available on our website or the link below. Please apply online by uploading your CV and cover letter. Please include information such as your notice period, availability to interview, current salary, salary sought and where you saw the vacancy advertised.
Closing date: Sunday March 17