CLOSING DATE: December 11, 2013
Sub-editor – The Drum
Closing date: 11 December
As the reigning PPA Business Magazine of the Year, we are seeking a talented sub-editor to ensure standards remain high across our web and print journalism.
This role requires a proven sub-editor who is capable of working at speed without sacrificing accuracy and possesses the versatility to work across both print and online formats.
Working with our editorial team in Glasgow, your job will be to edit news, features and analysis for our busy website, fortnightly magazine and supplements.
You will understand the differences in tone and style that these publications require and should be as confident working online as you are in print.
A good working knowledge of InDesign and an understanding of web style are essential. An appreciation of SEO techniques would be desirable.
Part-time working will also be considered.
- Editing news and features for our print editions and website, ensuring factual and grammatical accuracy
- Making sure The Drum tone of voice is being met across all our publications
- Composing eye-catching headlines, standfirsts and captions
- Updating the house style guide and making sure it is followed by staff and contributors
- Helping to source appropriate imagery and graphics
- Working on other company copy as required
Desired skills and experience
- Proven experience of working to deadlines on publications that demand high editorial standards
- Strong grammatical and analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Familiarity with InDesign
- Demonstrable experience of working both online and in print publishing
Contact: Cameron Clarke