CLOSING DATE: March 2, 2014
NATURAL Power is a leading international renewable energy consultancy. We provide expert services to the renewable energy industry in the development, construction and operational phases of projects. We have built a successful ethos for delivering environmentally rewarding projects that allow Clients to reach their economic objectives.
The Marketing Team at Natural Power provides in-house brand and marketing capabilities to the renewables sector; with a team of design, media and marketing experts we support projects through highly creative and consistent communications solutions. Primarily developing marketing and communication materials for Natural Power, we also support related / sister companies, our parent company, as well as external clients.
Due to our ongoing success, we are looking to recruit a Commercial Writer into our newly refurbished office in Stirling or our Global Headquarters, The Green House. Reporting into the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Creative Team, you will have ultimate responsibility for the company’s and our client’s voices through all textual content including advertising, press statements, web material and promotional literature. You will provide key technical writing services to internal departments and external commercial clients.
A selection of main duties and responsibilities include:
- All areas of copywriting including positioning / messaging, copy editing, proofreading, fact checking (liaising with the company’s Market Analyst), layout and design;
- Provide input to Department technical documents often working for our Clients directly;
- Develop and deliver on a specific tone of voice for the company as part of the overall marketing strategy;
- Differentiate by markets, technologies and territories;
- Develop a set of key market messages based on corporate performance within the market, and report on these on a regular basis for use by the marketing and BD teams;
- Provide key insight to industry standards and new approaches; and
- Support the wider team with administrative duties as appropriate.
Qualifications and experience
You will be degree qualified in a relevant discipline. Further to academic qualifications, it is essential that you have relevant copywriting/technical writing experience gained within a comparable industry (finance, technology, manufacturing or agency), fulfilling comparable duties and responsibilities as outlined above
In addition to this, you will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Experienced in working across campaigns and writing advertising copy, both online and offline;
- Experience in writing DM and web copy;
- Experienced in producing online content, ideally for an educated or professional audience;
- Skilled in advertising copywriting;
- Comfortable with handling figures;
- Able to manage and interpret data in light of client / business objectives;
- Good business acumen (e.g. comfortable with terminology: revenue, profit, loss, margin etc.); and
- IT literate (minimum of Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
You will possess excellent communication skills being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format to staff, clients and third parties alike. You will be capable of working as a team and independently being able to prioritise and manage your own time in line with the changing needs of the business. You will have an eye for detail and will be capable of producing error free work even when under pressure.
Due to nature of business and role, you will be expected to be flexible with your time and standard duties. A full drivers licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
Salary offered will be dependent on your experience and fit for role. Further to salary benefits include; generous holidays that increase with tenure, group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, subsidised gym membership, bike to work scheme, discounts on related companies, life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection as well as a weekly barbeque. We offer a positive working environment; relaxed in terms of dress code and some of our approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career.
The position is based from our newest office in Stirling. Recently refurbished to an excellent standard, the office is just off the A91 with easy access to M80 and M9 motorways (parking on site). For those taking public transport the office is twenty minutes’ walk from Stirling train station. For those more active, there is a bike shed, store room and showers available (why not take advantage of our bike to work scheme). Further to this, we are next to The Peak sports complex offering; gym, pool, various courts/pitches, climbing wall amongst other things (why not take advantage of our corporate membership). We are in close proximity to shops, supermarkets and food outlets. We would also consider applicants who wish to be based in our HQ, in Dumfries and Galloway
Full details are available on our website. Please apply online by uploading your CV and cover letter; this should clearly set out why you are suitable for the role. Our software uses CV parsing technology, so please ensure that information extracted is correct before submitting your application.
This role may be full-time, part-time and can include flexible working arrangements, to be discussed.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd March
Contact: David Raphael