CLOSING DATE: March 2, 2014
Digital content developer/designer
NATURAL Power is a leading international renewable energy consultancy. We provide expert services to the renewable energy industry in the development, construction and operational phases of projects. We have built a successful ethos for delivering environmentally rewarding projects that allow Clients to reach their economic objectives.
The Marketing Team at Natural Power provides in-house brand and marketing capabilities to the renewables sector; with a team of design and media experts we support projects through highly creative communications solutions. Primarily developing marketing and communication materials for Natural Power, we also support related / sister companies, our parent company, as well as external clients.
Due to our ongoing success, we are looking to recruit a digital content designer/developer into our newly refurbished office in Stirling. Reporting into the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Creative Team, you will have ultimate responsibility for developing and managing content and digital assets, including full Drupal / wordpress site design and build, across naturalpower.com and associated microsites (Parent/sister companies, client sites and other internal/external bespoke web tools).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the host environment of Linux CentOS, Apache, MySQL & PHP via a SSH terminal;
- Drupal System updates as and when new releases are available;
- Installing Drupal On Multiple Environments (Dev, Test, Stage, Live);
- Migrating & Releasing Code across Multiple Environments;
- Site Configuration & Development;
- Module Installation & Configuration;
- Module & Code Customisation;
- Theme Administration;
- Importing/exporting data into, and from, Drupal;
- Importing and exporting functionality from one Drupal system to another;
- Development of additional tools as required to support Drupal content;
- Web page optimisation techniques; and
- CG animation development.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to build and develop their creative skills with regards to content, content execution and content modification. You will have an interesting, challenging and varied workload from day one with the opportunity to work across multiple brands with a focus on technical excellence and brand consistency.
Qualifications and experience
You will be degree qualified in a relevant discipline. Further to academic qualifications, it is essential that you have relevant digital content design/development experience gained within a similar industry (finance, technology, manufacturing or agency), fulfilling comparable duties and responsibilities as outlined above. A solid grounding in web-development with a thorough understanding of data, website and server technologies is essential. Further to this, you will have previous experience working on Drupal 6 & 7 projects and delivering a web server development, ideally this will be from Agency or internal consultancy perspective.
Due to the technical nature of the role, you will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Proficient in: Web graphics, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and similar tools;
- Ability to form working relationships quickly, both within the immediate team and across the organisation;
- Experience with audio and/or video editing software a plus;
- Experience turning visual mockups into semantic and standard-compliant HTML/CSS Experienced in producing online content, ideally for an educated or professional audience;
- Experience with audio and/or video editing software a plus;
- Experience with CG animation software a plus;
- Can easily adapt and work to tough deadlines;
- Able to take multiple sources of input, combine them into a cohesive package, and deliver prototypes/mock-ups in a timely manner;
- Able to listen keenly, adapt ideas;
- Generate multiple concepts and clearly articulate the tradeoffs of each concept and get buy-in from all stakeholders;
- Possess good delivery and execution skills, and able to resolve dependencies and conflicts;
- Inspired by working with talented teams in a startup environment; and
- Desire to ‘own’ content development and execution and work diligently to improve all related metrics and increase production efficiency and quality.
You will possess excellent communication skills being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format to staff, clients and third parties alike. You will be capable of working as a team and independently being able to prioritise and manage your own time in line with the changing needs of the business. You will have an eye for detail and will be capable of producing error free work even when under pressure.
Due to nature of business and role, you will be expected to be flexible with your time and standard duties. A full drivers licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
Salary offered will be dependent on your experience and fit for role. Further to salary benefits include; generous holidays that increase with tenure, group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, subsidised gym membership, bike to work scheme, discounts on related companies, life assurance, critical illness cover and income protection as well as a weekly barbeque. We offer a positive working environment; relaxed in terms of dress code and some of our approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career.
The position is based from our newest office in Stirling. Recently refurbished to an excellent standard, the office is just off the A91 with easy access to M80 and M9 motorways (parking on site). For those taking public transport the office is twenty minutes’ walk from Stirling train station. For those more active, there is a bike shed, store room and showers available (why not take advantage of our bike to work scheme). Further to this, we are next to The Peak sports complex offering; gym, pool, various courts/pitches, climbing wall amongst other things (why not take advantage of our corporate membership). We are in close proximity to shops, supermarkets and food outlets.
Full details are available on our website. Please apply online by uploading your CV and cover letter; this should clearly set out why you are suitable for the role. Our software uses CV parsing technology, so please ensure that information extracted is correct before submitting your application.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd March
Contact: David Raphael