CLOSING DATE: May 7, 2014
SCOPE OF DUTIES
This role will suit a strong communicator with excellent organisational skills to support the delivery of a comprehensive communications service for Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.
The role of communications assistant will be to ensure all areas of the communications function is fully supported in order to provide an all-round service to the rest of the organisation.
With a strong understanding of all internal and external communications channels, the post holder will assist the roll-out of the agreed strategy that will ensure all stakeholders, including staff, visitors and customers, the historic environment sector and partners are aware and informed of the work of Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.
The post will involve a significant degree of planning and execution of communications activity to support the overarching communications strategy with a requirement to implement effective monitoring and reporting of communications activity.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of working within a busy communications office, who are able to priorities a busy workload and be adaptable to work in a reactive and ever changing working environment.
The communications assistant will be able to demonstrate an understanding of communications that work, but above all you will be a people person.
- Provide support to all areas of the communications directorate (media, online, internal and corporate events)
- Provide a first class, professional communications service
- Provide support, as required, to current social media channels
- Provide media monitoring support including the provision of media summaries, press packs and synopses
- Assist in the delivery of media events including those involving Ministers and senior staff
- Update intranets and website content as required
- Support the internal communications around the strategy and merger
To support the effective delivery of a robust and holistic communications programme for HS and RCAHMS staff as well as key stakeholders and customers.
Phone: 0131 668 8868