CLOSING DATE: October 8, 2014
SCOTLAND’S smartest PR company, Spreng & Co, is looking for an account executive. We need a confident, enthusiastic, self-starting, reliable team player who is eager to learn.
Spreng & Co works across the UK and has a proven track record of success in a wide range of sectors, including leading businesses in banking, energy, food and drink, and sport.
As account executive, you’ll work with our exciting range of clients and we promise no two days will ever be the same.
Using your initiative and having a passion for communications and the media are crucial to ensure we provide a brilliant service for our clients.
If this sounds exciting and you think you fit the bill, then read on…
Account executive role – responsibilities:
- Proactively support the directors in effectively managing a portfolio of clients to provide them with a high quality, proactive and reactive communication and media relations service.
- Undertake media relations support and research activity on behalf of clients as advised by the team including writing press releases, organising photocalls, inputting to creative PR campaigns, preparing distribution lists and liaising with journalists.
- Provide daily PR support services for the business e.g. daily media/social media monitoring; research; handling media calls; attending meetings; liaising with clients.
- A confident, welcoming first point of contact for the media, clients and suppliers.
- Calmly and efficiently field incoming telephone calls and ensure these are effectively handled.
- Participate in the development of the business and contribute to the marketing activities e.g. through management of the website, company twitter account and attendance at events.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably required in the interests of the business
- Support the office administration as required
- Manage the daily newspapers in the office.
Skills, experience and personal attributes:
- Excellent standard of education (e.g. relevant degree level) or equivalent appropriate experience.
- Evidence of a flair for writing and presenting often complex issues in an easy-to-understand way.
- Exceptional and demonstrable standard of spelling and grammar.
- Understanding and appreciation of how all forms of media operate and the needs of journalists.
- Good organisation skills and evidence of being able to work to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of, and familiarity with, business technology and traditional, social and emerging media, excellent interpersonal skills and the attitude necessary to work in a small consultancy, often under time pressures – either yours or someone else’s.
- The desire to be a team player but with the ability to work unsupervised.
- A good news sense.
- Bucket-loads of energy and enthusiasm.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contract: 12-month fixed term, with a 3-month probationary period. Days and Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9.00am to 5.30pm, Mon–Fri – but working outside these hours is not unusual. Location: Glasgow.
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on 7 October 2014.