CLOSING DATE: October 21, 2014
Purpose of the role:
To provide journalism services for Out-Law.com, writing news and opinion pieces on non-UK issues.
Main duties and responsibilities:
To provide news stories and opinion pieces for Out-Law on issues affecting business in the international regions where Pinsent Masons is active (currently the Gulf, Asia Pacific, France, Germany, Turkey, Africa). Coverage to be co-ordinated with the Out-Law editor.
* monitor the legal news developments in all the relevant regions;
* work closely with lawyers, BD and other teams in these locations to identify which stories matter to the business there;
* produce accurate, timely stories; and
* undertake limited management responsibilities.
* make sure that coverage is of geographical and business areas relevant to the firm;
* liaise with international offices to ensure an understanding of and compliance with our editorial policy;
* seek appropriate lawyer comment on stories;
* liaise with international offices to have stories checked appropriately; and
* the ability to do some translation from French or German into English.
* Degree qualified or equivalent;
* Experience, ideally of three years or more, working on a national newspaper, preferably on the business desk; and
* Experience of editorial management (desk, section, supplement or page editor).
* Fast, accurate reporting skills;
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
* Management skills;
* Good time management and organisational skills with acute attention to detail; and
* International current affairs awareness an advantage.
* An accurate reporter;
* A good judge of what is and what is not a story;
* A proven and able manager of people;
* Able to quickly understand complex stories and how they interact with each other and the law;
* Able to communicate complex and sometimes jargon-heavy material in clear English;
* Flexible and able to use own initiative;
* Able to work in a team environment with non-journalist colleagues; and
* Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm’s core values of ‘open and approachable’, ‘ambition and excellence’ and ‘respect and co-operation’.
Closing date for applications: October 21. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This advert was first posted on www.allmediascotland.com on September 30 2014.