CLOSING DATE: May 7, 2015
THE Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) is looking for someone to join its busy communications team to help tell SCVO’s story and the story of third sector.
Charities, voluntary organisation and social enterprises play a critical role in the lives of people and communities across Scotland. Communicating and campaigning for the interests of the third sector, is one of SCVO’s main roles.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced digital communicator to hit the ground running.
Based in Edinburgh, the salary for this role is £28,379 to £32,638 per annum.
The main responsibilities of the Digital & Social Media Officer will be to:
- Champion SCVO’s digital and social media strategy and activities. As well as creating an overarching strategic plan, you will be planning and implementing tailored campaigns to support SCVO activities including events such as the Gathering and Charity Awards, work strands such as Community Jobs Scotland and Building Healthier and Happier Communities, and key policy and research areas such as welfare reform and employability. You’ll also need to build supportive relationships with colleagues across SCVO’s four offices to help them make the most of what digital and social has to offer.
- Make www.scvo.org.uk a great ‘go to’ website for SCVO members, the third sector and our stakeholders. Build connections with colleagues across SCVO to keep content fresh and interesting. At the same time, work closely with SCVO’s graphic designer and web developers to make sure there is a great user experience.
- Drive forward SCVO’s social media channels – mainly facebook and twitter, but also LinkedIn. As the main @scvotweet user, you will be drafting and scheduling tweets, curating the weekly ‘social pulse’ bulletin of news and suggested tweets for colleagues. You’ll also be making maximum use of Google Analytics to track performance and share impact with the team.
- Use appropriate digital tools and techniques to present our content in the most engaging way online – infographics, podcasts, short films, Storify, Slideshare, etc. Keeping up with new trends and techniques.
- Work with colleagues to deliver targeted and high impact emarketing campaigns using Campaign Monitor.
- Draft copy for a variety of channels and audiences, adapting language and key messages to suit.
- Develop and maintain networks within the third sector, and act as contact point for requests for advice and support from member organisations relating to communications and campaigns activities.
(this advert was first posted on April 23 2015)
Contact: Caroline Christie
Phone: 0131 474 8033