CLOSING DATE: May 6, 2015
Role title: Communications manager
CBL grade: C
Global grade: E
Location: Paisley, Scotland
Fixed-term contract commencing July/August 2015 for approximately ten months.
Develop and manage a plan of external, internal, sponsorship, charity, CSR and other communications activities (in line with overall communications plan) to raise the profile of the company and brands:
* Develop and implement a corporate media relations programme to raise CBL profile in Scotland, taking particular responsibility for local media relations
* Devise and manage the Scottish sponsorship programme
* Devise and manage the charity policy and donation activity
* Devise and implement internal communications programmes (with corporate communications manager)
* Represent CBL on CSR leader panel
* Manage internal events programme and activities
* Oversee company intranet including all updates, editorial and video content
* Reporting to: corporate communications manager
* Key dimensions: Corporate media relations, Scottish events, charity and sponsorship and internal communications
Corporate media relations
Corporate media relations – Develop and manage the corporate profile and reputation of CBL through a pro-active corporate media relations programme for Scottish national and regional media (including press relations, events and briefings) to build relationships. Oversee the Scottish press office.
Crisis management – Act as first point of contact on corporate/Scottish crisis situations.
Representative – Manage and run events and media activities. Represent CBL and
its brands at media, launches and all appropriate external events.
Intranet – Oversee company intranet site, with responsibility for all planning and content creation, including producing and publishing editorial content, videos and competitions (in conjunction with the multimedia producer, external suppliers, and internal contributors). Be the point of contact for advice to departments and help update their content on a regular basis using the Content Management System. Oversee communications plan to drive employee use of site. Work with external web agency on all new site functionality/developments.
Communications implementation – pro-actively organise, manage, administer and deliver aspects of the internal communication plan across all sites, including, internal competitions and events, wellbeing initiative and annual charity nominations process for employees. Lead representative on Scottish based internal steering groups as required.
Employee engagement – Devise and manage company employee engagement plan. Regular reporting to CBL Exec on plan/progress. Working in collaboration with the Human Resources department.
Employee clubs – Act as the main point of contact for all employees clubs and manage the budget.
Corporate social responsibility – Sit on CSR Leader panel and, in conjunction with public affairs manager, contribute to regular group reporting. Manage all internal/external communications around CSR activity, and oversee annual employee CSR event.
Site communicators – Proactively liaise with representatives at all sites to ensure consistency in information flow. Hold regular focus groups to gather employee feedback.
Employee survey – Manage CBL participation in Group employee survey, including feedback on methodology, supply of employee details to Group and management of CBL strategy, roll-out and communications plan to drive participation.
Charity policy – Manage and maintain CBL Charity Policy to ensure company wide compliance to all requests received. Review regularly and update CBL Exec on any developments.
Corporate sponsorship programme – Manage and initiate the Scottish sponsorship programme to raise the profile and image of CBL. Ensure all activity adheres to the Group CSR priorities and all relevant policies/legislation.
Charity requests – Manage all external charity donations/sponsorship requests and events in Scotland. Ensure compliance with all relevant policies/legislation.
Internal charity activities – Manage and publicise all internal charity policy initiatives including Doubling Up and Employee Product Request. Includes management of the annual employee charity nominations process.
Corporate and Scottish events – Devise programme of events both internal and external each financial year (sponsorship activity/events, employee events, Roadshow and ad hoc events).
Events/project management – Successfully deliver internal and external Scottish communications events/one off projects ensuring appropriate liaison with all areas of the business.
Key skills and experience required:
* Reasonable level of experience in corporate communications (internal/external)
* Proven ability of building relationships with media
* Understanding of online publishing
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Ability to advise and engage at all levels including senior management
* Ability to create and edit engaging written content to tight deadlines
* Event management experience
* Ability to manage busy workload and prioritise
* Budget management experience
* Must have a driving licence
* Willingness to travel to London and other office locations as required
* Passion for dynamic, forward-thinking internal communications
* Experience of online publishing, writing for the web and Photoshop
* Crisis and issues management experience
* Financial media relations experience