EIGHT delicious biscuit recipes from across the nation have been shortlisted in the Border Biscuits Big Baking Bonanza and will go forward to the final stage of the competition.
The biscuit recipes were whittled down during an extensive judging process which included taste testing by well known baking bloggers.
The final eight will now go forward to the expert judging panel, which will include the Border Biscuits baking team and Susanna Hassard, Asda regional buyer for Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The recipes have been selected for their creativity, innovation and unusual flavour combinations and include the following:
- Orange Blossom Shorties created by Chloe Valentine from Pembrokeshire
- White Chocolate, Macadamia and Almond Cookies created by Melanie Edjourian from North London
- Key Lime Cookies with Lime Yoghurt Drizzle created by Naomi Newman from Manchester
- Sweet and Salty Hazelnut Rounds created by Louise Murray from Bury
- Coffee Chocolate Delight created by Amanda Fuller from Northants
- Coconut and Lime Zingers created by Jason Feighery from London
- Honey Raisin created by Marilyn Oakley from Hastings
- Chocolate Orange Thins created by Rory Sutherland from Edinburgh
The judging panel will taste and test the final recipes to pick a favourite flavour which will go on sale exclusively in Asda stores nationwide for a limited period and the winner will also receive a £2,000 cash prize.
Lesley Ann Gray, brand and sales manager at Border Biscuits, said: “The interest in this year’s competition has been incredible.
“The quality of entries has been outstanding with entrants obviously thinking about manufacturing methods as well as great flavour combinations.
“Whittling the shortlist down to just eight has been tough and we are looking forward to picking the overall winner.”
The overall winner will be announced in the coming months.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Smarts. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allFoodPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.