THE new Mental Health Information Station is a free, weekly, drop in service for anyone dealing with mental health issues and it launches on Thursday 29 October, 11am until 3pm at St Mary’s Cathedral Walpole Hall, 26 Chester Street Edinburgh EH3 7EN.
The Mental Health Information Station is an one-stop shop acting as a source of support, information and sign posting. Led by NHS occupational therapists, input will be drawn from health and social care staff, peer support workers, volunteers and key third sector partners such as Health in Mind.
The Mental Health Information Station will offer:
- Psychological self-help guides and resources;
- Faster self-service access to individuals;
- Signposting to local services and groups;
- Provide standardised information on conditions and medication ;
- Support for carers;
- Link with community resources through experts that are very aware of what is out there in different localities or city wide projects;
- Offer access to information on education courses, physical activities, social and leisure activities, volunteering and work;
- Allow visitors to browse information on display or speak directly to advisors on hand, no appointment required;
- Assistance on how to connect with others and enjoy social opportunities and meet ups, and
- Benefits advice and housing guidance.
This new service aims to ensure that people have access to the right support as early as possible.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 537 8650.
For further information contact NHS Lothian on 0131 537 8650 or Doreen Graham, Health in Mind communications manager on 0131 243 0137.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Health in Mind. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allEdinburghPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Health in Mind contact details…