MACDONALD Hotels & Resorts has been awarded the highest accolade by the world’s leading provider of holiday exchange services as a result of feedback from more than 1,100 domestic and international guests who are also RCI members.
RCI has awarded its RCI Gold Crown quality rating for 2016 to eight Macdonald Resorts which host RCI guests across Europe.
Begins a spokesperson: “The RCI Gold Crown award is given to resorts which meet exacting standards in areas such as housekeeping, maintenance, hospitality and check-in/check-out procedures, as well as satisfying an evaluation of resort facilities, amenities and services.
“All RCI members are invited to complete a comment card on return from a stay in an RCI-affiliated resort and their scores are used as the basis for the RCI resort quality ratings.”
On the award Simon Jackson, CEO of Macdonald Resorts, said: “We constantly strive to offer the best resort experiences available anywhere in the world and the fact that so many guests clearly recognise and appreciate our efforts is tremendously welcome news.
“It’s a resounding endorsement of the high standards of service our people deliver every day.”
RCI Gold Crown is the highest of the three RCI awards and it is the first time Macdonald Hotels & Resorts has gained the RCI Gold Crown award across eight of its nine resorts, with Lochanhully achieving the RCI Silver Crown award.
Simon Jackson continues: “We are proud that no matter where guests stay, across our portfolio in Spain, England, Wales or Scotland, they always enjoy the warmest welcome, great food and the attention with which the Macdonald brand has become synonymous.”
RCI has more than 40 years’ experience of running timeshare resorts and has a community of 3.8 million timeshare owner members who access more than 4,500 resorts in over 100 countries through RCI’s Weeks and Points exchange programmes.
Dimitris Manikis, VP, business development, RCI Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: “Delivering a quality holiday experience to our members lies at the heart of our core purpose and promise.
“It means everything to RCI to know that our members can be assured of a consistency of quality in the resorts we send them to and for that reason we applaud and congratulate Macdonald Resorts for investing in meeting and exceeding the expectations of our members, as is evident from the feedback we have received.”
Macdonald Hotels & Resorts is privately owned and has been offering guests fine hospitality options for 25 years. It operates over 40 hotels across the UK and has resorts in the UK, Spain and Portugal.
Media enquiries and photography
The BIG Partnership
T: 0141 333 9585 / E: email@example.com
Kelly Paterson 0788 2152914
Katie Burnett 07525 592 825
Bethan Mackenzie 07808 330 153
For more information, visit: www.MacdonaldHotels.co.uk
Notes to editors:
* Established in 1990 by Donald Macdonald and colleagues, over the past 25 years Macdonald Hotels & Resorts has successfully expanded from its beginnings in Aberdeenshire to become recognised as the UK’s largest privately-owned hotel group.
* Operating over 40 hotels across the UK and ten resorts throughout the UK and Spain, the group continues to invest and now employs over 4,000 staff and operates in excess of 4,500 hotel rooms.
* Macdonald Hotels & Resorts is proud of its promise to serve only the finest and freshest produce, with flavoursome dishes always prepared from whole raw ingredients.
* A forward-thinking, environmentally responsible hotel group, through its ‘Room 20’ programme led by internal ‘green teams’, Macdonald Hotels & Resorts continues to focus on achieving ambitious, self-imposed energy saving targets.
* This unwavering commitment to achieving the highest quality standards in every aspect of the business has seen Macdonald Hotels & Resorts receive numerous prestigious accolades. This has included named 2012-2013 AA Eco-Hotel Group of the Year, receiving the MIDAS award for the Best Breakfast 2011/12, a 2012 Good Egg Award by Compassion for World Farming, the National Customer Service Awards for Leisure and Tourism and the coveted 2013 Carbon Trust Standard.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allTravelPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
The BIG Partnership contact details…
Contact: Ashleigh Copeland
Phone: 0141 333 9585