DEAR media colleagues – Please see our final version manifesto for the 2016 Holyrood elections, For the Good of Everyone, online now.
Please do have a read of the manifesto and share with your colleagues and contacts.
Book a free place at the launch event and ‘question time’ with election candidates on Monday April 11 too.
The manifesto will form the basis of our campaigning over the course of the next Scottish Parliament and has been sent to current MSPs, election candidates and many others.
Any questions or comments please do get in contact with us and #VoteSocialEnterprise in 2016!
Our Holyrood election conversation and social enterprise manifesto launch for the Scottish Parliament elections 2016 is on Monday April 11 – all media welcome.
BOOK YOUR FREE PLACES NOW for ‘What should politicians do to build a social enterprise society in Scotland?’
The event will be a friendly 90-minute conversation with election candidates, who will speak for a few minutes, followed by your constructive questions.
Please note that this has a specific social enterprise theme and is a conversation format – questions should be about issues facing the social enterprise community, key challenges and positive opportunities for policy solutions.
* John Swinney (SNP), current Deputy First Minister, SNP candidate for Perthshire North;
* Andy Wightman (Scottish Green Party), spokesperson for Communities, Local Government & Land Reform, SGP candidate for Lothian; and
* Other leading candidates from the political parties, TBC.
The event is on Monday April 11, with refreshments at 11am. The conversation will begin at 11.30am and will last for 90 minutes. The venue is the Grassmarket Community Project in Edinburgh.
The debate will follow the broad themes of how we achieve the aims in our manifesto:
* Promoting and protecting the social enterprise brand;
* Building mass public awareness;
* Taking a global outlook;
* Social enterprise at the heart of the Scottish Business Pledge;
* Transforming public services;
* Driving business support forward;
* Boosting social investment and funding;
* Targeted tax cuts for social enterprises;
* Valuing interns, volunteers and apprentices;
* Social enterprise in our schools; and
* Local solutions as standard.
BOOK YOUR FREE PLACES NOW and we’ll see you there! Any questions or suggestions please get in contact:
email@example.com / 0131 243 2650 / 07501 221 581.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Social Enterprise Scotland. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/newsdipper for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.