Nominations are now open across Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife
RADIO Forth today launched its 13th annual awards and is asking for listeners across Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife to nominate their finest community heroes.
The award-winning station is asking listeners to nominate the best businesses, terrific teachers, inspiring individuals, sensational sports people and amazing attractions, among many others.
Nominations for this year’s event are open until Friday 9 September.
If there is someone in your community who deserves to be recognised for their work then Radio Forth want to know!
To nominate, simply head to www.forth1.com/forthawards where a full list of the 12 categories can be found.
The glittering awards ceremony will be held on Wednesday 16 November at Edinburgh’s Usher Hall, hosted by Arlene Stuart and Grant Stott.
Along with the dynamic duo, guests will be treated to a three-course meal as well as entertainment from a number of star-studded acts which will be unveiled on the night.
The awards honour both the UK’s biggest music stars alongside a host of local heroes who have excelled themselves in community work, education, tourism and the workplace.
Previous guests include Paolo Nutini, Pixie Lott, George Ezra, Tom Odel, Erasure, Boy George and Spandeau Ballet.
Commenting on the awards, Cathy Kirk, Bauer commercial director, Radio Forth, said: “At Radio Forth we believe that local heroes should be celebrated just as much as music’s biggest stars and that’s what The Forth Awards are all about.
“The ceremony is one of the highlights of our year and the atmosphere on the day is always electric. The line-up of acts performing at the awards is top secret so the nominees and audience don’t know who will be taking to the stage until it happens!
“Its great fun and a fantastic opportunity to give both our listeners favourite acts and local heroes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife the recognition they so greatly deserve.”
The full list of categories for The Forth Awards 2016 are:
The Forth Local Hero Award
The Forth Best Teacher Award
The Forth Cash for Kids Award
The Forth Community Venture Award
The Forth Best Bar Award
The Forth Favourite Visitor Attraction Award
The Forth Icon Award
The Forth Music Recognition Award
The Forth Contribution to Sports Award
The Forth Best Performance Award
The Forth Best Artist Award
The Forth Fringe Award
Notes to rditors:
- Radio Forth was launched on 22 January 1975, broadcasting to Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife. The station is owned and operated by Bauer Media and forms part of Bauer’s Place Network of stations.
- Radio Forth currently reaches 390,000 listeners every week and delivers a strong market share of 21 per cent. The essence of the station is to play big hits, with a music policy that connects with our target audience, reflecting their lifestyle with music that is relevant to them.
- With 40 years broadcasting experience, Radio Forth has established strong ties with the local community which provides the essence for the stations output.
- The Forth Awards, now in their thirteenth year are designed to honour the UK’s biggest music stars as well as pay tribute to a host of local heroes who have excelled themselves in community work, education, tourism and the workplace.
- The Forth Awards mirrors many of the stations main objectives including; engaging with the community and corporate markets, assisting charity and giving something back to our listeners.
- The essence of The Forth Awards is to award those living in our TSA as well as some of the biggest names in music and entertainment. The event has 12 categories in total ranging from Best Teacher, Best Workplace, Local Hero as well as Best Artist, Music Recognition and Best Performance. Each category is individually sponsored and is voted for by Radio Forth listeners who have a two-month window to cast their votes for each category.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/newsdipper for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
The BIG Partnership contact details…