Clyde 1 enjoys biggest audience since 2004 and Forth 1 generates 48.7 per cent increase in hours, year-on-year
Clyde 1’s Bowie @ Breakfast and Forth 1’s Boogie in the Morning retain positions as leading breakfast shows in Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively
Tay FM celebrates highest market share since December 2011
Northsound 1 retains position as most listened to station in the North-east
- Clyde 1 celebrates increased reach amounting to 643,000 listeners weekly, the highest since 2004 (+10.3 per cent YOY)
- Total hours listened are up this quarter to 4,958,000 (+6.6 per cent YOY)
- Bowie @ Breakfast delivers a market share of 16.7 per cent, remaining the #1 breakfast show for Glasgow and the West, while Saturday’s Superscoreboard delivers a market share of 17.4 per cent
- Clyde 2 celebrates increased reach, hours and market share on the previous quarter, while average hours have increased by 9.2 per cent YOY
- Forth 1 remains the market leader for Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife in terms of reach, hours and share, recording increased reach amounting to 366,000 listeners weekly (+seven per cent YOY)
- The station records its highest hours since March 2013, now amounting to 3,580,000 (+48.7 per cent YOY) and holds a 17.5 per cent share of the market (+5.5 per cent YOY)
- Boogie in the Morning is the region’s #1 breakfast show, reaching 253,000 listeners, a market share of 21.3 per cent (+five per cent YOY); Grant Stott’s 10am to 2pm show is the market leader with a 19.7 per cent share of the audience (+seven per cent YOY); and Mark Martin’s drive time show celebrates a market share of 19.5 per cent (+6.4 per cent YOY)
- Tay FM celebrates its highest market share since December 2011, with market share at 21.3 per cent (+2.5 per cent YOY) and reach now at 135,000 (+0.7 per cent QOQ)
- Northsound 1 retains its position as the most listened to station in the North-east of Scotland (reaching 131,000) and has seen an 11.7 per cent increase in total hours YOY
- Micky in the Morning on Northsound 1 remains the region’s #1 breakfast show with a market share of 18.6 per cent (up from 17.7 per cent at the same time last year)
- The Northsound 1 Workday show (10am till 2pm) has seen a staggering 7.1 per cent increase in market share YOY to 21.5 per cent
- Radio Borders records increased market share, commanding 35.1 per cent across the TSA (+4.1 per cent YOY)
- Radio Borders celebrates increase in reach to 55,300 (+1.1 per cent YOY)
- Keith Clarkson at Breakfast has a 39.4 per cent share of listening at breakfast (+ 2.8 per cent YOY)
- Gregor’s Mid-Morning show (10am to 1pm) has a 42.4 per cent share of listening (+eight per cent YOY)
- MFR reaches 116,000 listeners, making it No.1 for the region, enjoying a market share of 21.1 per cent
- Westsound remains No.1 in terms of reach, hours and share across South-west Scotland, recording an increase in audience share this quarter to 21.9 per cent and with total hours increasing to 1.6 million
Graham Bryce, managing director Bauer City Network, said: “Today’s fantastic RAJAR results demonstrate our ongoing commitment to, and passion for, local radio across Scotland. This excellent set of figures shows, once again, that having local knowledge and on the ground expertise delivers exactly what our audiences want to hear.
“We continue to ensure we are bringing the best music, sports results and local and national news to our audiences which is why our listeners keep coming back for more.
“Our station talent, along with our rich heritage of over 40 years in this sector, guarantee an unparalleled understanding of the market which is particularly reassuring for listeners in times of uncertainty.
“Continuing to grow our listener figures in such a competitive space is a real achievement and allows our advertisers to access highly engaged and relevant local audiences.”
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period 4th April to 26th June 2016. Some stations do not cover the whole of the TSA (total survey area).
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/newsdipper for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
The BIG Partnership contact details…