ROOKIE roller skater, Tommy Clark, from Govan, exceeded his ambitious £1,500 fundraising challenge for Epilepsy Scotland at the weekend.
Several friends joined Tommy in his pre-Halloween Alien outfit, including super hero, Willie Gaffney, and Bill Gardiner, as Marigold Barbi, to race 3,200 laps or 100 miles round the Roller Stop rink in fancy dress for a worthy cause.
Just ten months after putting on roller skates, event organiser, Tommy Clarke, aged 37, was very proud that he and his fellow ‘Roller Ribbon Skaters’ did so well.
They reached more than their set target thanks to a bucket collection among fellow skaters and generous Just giving support from family, friends and local businesses like Babcock.
Epilepsy Scotland community and events fundraiser, Kerry Reich, commented: “Every penny we raise in Scotland stays in Scotland to help over 55,000 people who live with epilepsy.
“We couldn’t maintain our lifeline services without the efforts of individuals like Tommy who get behind our charity.
“We so appreciate and want to thank Tommy and his friends for donating their time and energy to assist our work.”
Notes to editor:
1. More group photos are available including: ‘Alien’ Tommy Clark pictured with fellow Roller Ribbon Skaters, ‘Superman’ Willie Gaffney and Bill Gardiner as ‘Marigold Barbi’ at the RollerStop CIC rink, 139 Middlesex Street Glasgow, G41 1EE.
2. Epilepsy Scotland works with people affected by epilepsy to ensure that their voice is heard. We campaign for improved healthcare, better information provision and an end to stigma. This common serious neurological condition affects one in 97 people. We represent the 55,000 people with epilepsy, their families and carers. Our freephone Helpline (0808 800 2200) offers support and information. People can email (firstname.lastname@example.org), text 07786 209501, find us on facebook, use twitter @epilepsy_scot or visit: www.epilepsyscotland.org.uk
3. Tommy Clark from Govan has been fundraising for Epilepsy Scotland since 2015 because he believes its work transforms people’s lives. He has now raised more than £2,600 for the leading national charity, including almost £1,600 from this roller skate.
4. For more details please contact either:
· Allana Parker, public affairs officer, on: 0141 427 4911 or 07884 012147
· Kerry Reich, community and events fundraiser, on: 0141 427 4911 or 07808 711610.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Epilepsy Scotland. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/newsdipper for your very own media releases feed…
Check out twitter.com/allCharitiesPR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Epilepsy Scotland contact details…