Clyde 1 is best in the west: reports highest weekly reach since 2004
Clyde 1’s Bowie@Breakfast continues to be the number 1 breakfast show and GBX Saturday show records an incredible market share of 38.5 per cent
- Clyde 1 celebrates its highest weekly reach since Q2 2004, reaching 666,000 people, up 14.5 per cent, year-on-year
- Bowie@Breakfast delivers a market share of 20.3 per cent, adding 18,000 more listeners on the previous quarter
- Saturday Superscoreboard enjoys a market share of 21.4 per cent
- George Bowie’s GBX Saturday night show returns an incredible market share of 38.5 per cent
- Forth 1 retains its position as market leader for Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife in terms of reach (325,000), hours (2,710,000) and market share (13.8 per cent), with Boogie in the Morning the leading breakfast show
- Northsound 1 celebrates a brilliant quarter by becoming the all-radio market leader for the North-east of Scotland, achieving a market share of 20.7 per cent
- The station records a 17.9 per cent increase in total listening hours over the past 12 months, now amounting to 1.2 million hours
- MFR enjoys its highest reach in over four years, with weekly listeners amounting to 123,700
- Radio Borders’ reach remains an incredible 50 per cent and market share is now recorded at an impressive 34.4 per cent
- Tay FM is number one for the region with a reach of 133,000 and a 20.2 per cent share of the market
- Westsound, including West FM (Ayr) and Westsound (Dumfries & Galloway), celebrate joint highest reach ever, recorded at 192,000
Graham Bryce, managing director, Bauer City Network, said: “Today’s RAJAR results highlight how really knowing our audience and being close to them, living among them, has really paid off.
“Huge credit must go to our local programming teams and stand-out on-air talent who bring our radio stations to life and expertly weave them into the fabric of our listeners’ lives.
“Great radio truly connecting and engaging with an audience delivers great results!”
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period 27th June to 18th September 2016. Some stations do not cover the whole of the TSA (total survey area).
About Bauer Media:
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including heat, Kiss, Grazia, Empire, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Magic and Absolute Radio. It creates and curates entertaining media content that audiences love whenever, wherever and however they want through a multi-channel strategy and a focus on product excellence and audience insight. The result is an exciting array of influential brands, content and talent which provide compelling and engaging advertising opportunities with valuable audiences for UK commercial partners. Bauer Media UK is part of the Bauer Media Group, one of the world’s largest privately owned media businesses with media assets all over the globe.
About Bauer Media Group:
Over 400 digital products and more than 100 radio and TV stations reach millions of people across the globe. The corporate portfolio extends to include print shops, postal, distribution and marketing services. The Bauer Media Group’s global positioning underscores its passion for people and brands. The message, ‘We think popular’, illustrates the Bauer Media Group’s self-perception as an organisation with a range of popular media, creating inspiration and motivation for its global workforce of some 11,000 employees in 20 countries.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/newsdipper for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
It’s this icon, here. It’s your route straight into the rich archive.
The BIG Partnership contact details…
Contact: Naomi Clark