ALL singers are invited to indulge their love for singing with one of Scotland’s top singers next weekend.
The Muckle Sing 2017 is a day of workshop based singing for individuals and groups, led by winner, singer, harpist and composer – Corrina Hewat.
The day will cater for beginners through to the experienced performer and there’s no need to be able to read music. There will be the opportunity for groups to perform at the informal Performance Platform after the workshop section with a short performance by Corrina to round off the day.
The morning and afternoon will include traditional and contemporary Scottish songs, with an emphasis on group singing.
Corrina will share her musical knowledge as well as her many years’ experience as a tutor in order to ensure that everyone takes away something either around technique or new material or both – with a good sing along the way!
Organised by the TMSA Edinburgh & Lothians Branch, the Muckle Sing 2017 takes place on Saturday 25 February 2017, 10am to 5.30pm at Queen Margaret Hall, Blackness Road, Linlithgow, EH49 7JA.
Tickets have been kept as previous years’ prices thanks to support from West Lothian Council support and include tea, coffee and biscuits.
Full price £17 and concession £12. For more details including a link to the booking form visit www.eltmsa.org.uk or tel: 0795 191 8366.
Notes to editors:
- Further information and photos are available from Fiona tel: 07951 918366 or email: email@example.com for any other queries.
- The Muckle Sing has been an integral part of previous biennial West Lothian Singers’ Gatherings, and in 2008 became a stand-alone event, allowing community singing groups, choirs, as well as individuals, to join together in the great pleasure of singing and harmony. In 2017 it is being financially supported by West Lothian Council.
- Corrina Hewat is a lady of very many talents: composer, arranger, harper and inspirational song tutor. She has formed and directed a number of bands including Bachue, Chantan and Shine, The Unusual Suspects, and the TMSA Young Trad Tour. She is current musical director of Edinburgh’s Sangstream Choir. Expect a day of great singing, harmony, and fun! LOTS more here about the many strings to her CV – not just her harp! http://www.corrinahewat.com/about/
- The Performance Platform is an opportunity for community singing groups from far and near who wish to perform songs from their own repertoire for the entertainment of other participants. (There is absolutely no mandatory requirement to do this, however; only if your group so wishes!) Groups wishing to perform should prepare up to three songs. Preferably let us know in advance if your group wishes to perform.
- Individual concession prices are available to TMSA members and members of groups affiliated to the TMSA, students, senior citizens, unemployed, disabled people and their helper. Ticket prices include tea, coffee, juice, tap water and biscuits but people need to arrange their own lunch provision.
- The aim of the Traditional Music & Song Association (TMSA) of Scotland is to promote and develop interest and participation in traditional music. Run on a voluntary basis by local people for local people, the Edinburgh & Lothians Branch actively promotes music and song by running events such as the Muckle Sing, Northern Streams Festival and sessions – often in partnership with other local and national organisations.
- The TMSA is registered as a Scottish charity SCO03819 and a company limited by guarantee No: 199976. Registered Office: 5 Appin Lane, Edinburgh EH14 1JL.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by TMSA. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/newsdipper for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMusicPR, twitter.com/allEdinburghPR and twitter.com/allCharitiesPR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Contact: Fiona Campbell