- Significant new business win for marketing and communications agency
- Two-year contract with the option of a third following highly-competitive tender process
- Priority focus will be on connecting with digitally-engaged audiences with innovative new ideas planned
- Electrify will expand its business after committing to reinvest the new agreement in people and resources
ELECTRIFY Marketing & Communications today (9 April 2017) reveals that it has secured a significant new contract to become the official promotion and PR partner to MG ALBA (Seirbheis nam Meadhanan Gàidhlig or Gaelic Media Service).
Following a highly competitive tender process, the Edinburgh-based marketing & communications agency will take up a two-year contract, with the option of a third, starting 1 July 2017.
MG ALBA is responsible for ensuring exceptional television content in Gaelic is available to viewers in Scotland, through its joint BBC venture, BBC ALBA.
It also uses its high profile initiatives, FilmG and LearnGaelic.net, to promote and encourage creative, imaginative media opportunities for native speakers.
The decision to award this contract to Electrify – who’s focus will be on engaging with the national English-speaking audience – reflects an evolution in approach towards communications and content media marketing.
As part of the new relationship, Electrify has committed to reinvest the new agreement in people and resources, to ensure the agency can meet the increased demands that will come from this new partnership, whilst maintaining the strongest possible relationship with its existing portfolio of clients.
Donald Campbell, chief executive, MG ALBA, says: “There are significant challenges and opportunities ahead that will require new solutions and a major change of pace in our digital and social media.
“We must reach more young people with our content, and we must convert high awareness levels into more viewership.
“As such, we are really pleased to engage Electrify to help all of us who have a stake in the Gaelic media sector – broadcaster, producers, contributors, celebrities, viewers, consumers and stakeholders – to work together to invigorate and build our audiences on the back of the great content we create and offer.
“We look forward very much to partnering with Electrify when their engagement kicks off this summer.”
Lawrence Broadie, owner and director, Electrify Marketing & Communications, adds: “We couldn’t be happier to have secured this high-profile opportunity with MG ALBA.
“Two key things emerged in the tender process: that as organisations, our values are very closely aligned because we’re both very focused on people and relationships; and that we both recognise the changing approach to PR and content media marketing.
“We’re highly committed to working closely with BBC ALBA’s existing and incoming production partners to develop imaginative content marketing campaigns, pushing boundaries in doing so.
“In order to facilitate this, Electrify will provide strategic support, training, and the tools to help bolster growth in viewer engagement across the BBC ALBA’s distinctive, documentary, music, sport and drama programming.”
Notes to editors:
- Electrify Marketing & Communications – driven by its values: commitment, enthusiasm and honesty – was founded by Lawrence Broadie in December 2015
- A fully integrated marcoms agency, Electrify has worked with 17 different clients since its launch working on its mission to ‘electrify by telling amazing stories’.
- Clients have included: Homeless World Cup, purpleTV, the SPFL Trust, Crerar Hotels Trust, McEwan Fraser Legal, DPS Group, The Citadel, Prime Four Beast Races and SAMH.
- For more information visit electrify.me.uk.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Electrify Marketing & Communications. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Electrify Marketing & Communications contact details…