Forth 1 breakfast show ‘Boogie in the Morning’ is the number 1 commercial breakfast show for ninth-year-in-a-row in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife
Clyde 1 is Scotland’s largest commercial radio station once again
Radio Borders has the highest market share for any station in mainland UK
- Popular breakfast show ‘Bowie@Breakfast’ delivers a market share of 13.9 per cent, reaching 315,000 listeners each week.
- Clyde 1 continues to be Scotland’s largest commercial radio station in terms of reach.
- George Bowie’s GBX Saturday night show is the market leader with a 22.5 per cent market share and a reach of 83,000 each week.
- ‘Boogie in The Morning’ continues to dominate as the number 1 commercial breakfast show for the ninth consecutive year, reaching 225,000 listeners each week and commanding a 19.1 per cent share of the market.
- Forth 1 is the overall market leader across Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife in terms of reach, up 11,000 on the previous quarter, reaching 334,000 listeners each week.
- Northsound 1 breakfast show, ‘Jeff and Lauren in the Morning’, has grown its commercial market lead in the North-east of Scotland achieving a 20.4 per cent share, reaching 87,000 listeners every week.
- Keith Clarkson at Breakfast attracts 40,600 weekly listeners, up five per cent, year-on-year, with a 35.5 per cent market share in All Adults 15+.
- Radio Borders commands a 32.1 per cent share of the market, the highest market share recorded in mainland UK.
- ‘Ginno@Breakfast’ enjoys a 32.1 per cent share of the market.
- Strong quarter for MFR with the station reporting a 28.1 per cent share of the market, up seven per cent, year-on-year, reaching 127,000 listeners, up nine per cent, year-on-year.
- 50 per cent of the population in the TSA listen to MFR every week, amounting to more than 1.3 million hours per week.
- Breakfast show ‘Wake up with Webster’ has added 2,000 new listeners since this time last year, with 84,000 people tuning in weekly. It is the number 1 commercial breakfast show in terms of reach for Tayside and Fife.
- Tay FM remains all market number one in terms of reach across Tayside and Fife with a total of 132,000 weekly listeners.
- Westsound (including West FM) breakfast show records a 26.8 per cent market share.
- Westsound (including West FM) total hours are up 16.8 per cent and share is up 11 per cent, year-on year. The station remains number one in terms of reach, hours and share.
Bauer Scotland’s Bauer City 2 network which includes the likes of Clyde 2 and Forth 2* have also enjoyed a great quarter:
- Bauer City 2’s network of Scottish stations have increased hours week-on-week (2.121 million v 2.068 million) and increased reach year-on-year (261,000 v 255,000).
Graham Bryce, managing director of Bauer Radio in Scotland, said: “Our stations continue to be the most listened to stations in each and every one of our markets due to our relentless focus on delivering content that is truly relevant and engaging.
“We strive to brighten people’s lives, keep them informed and entertain them throughout the day. These results once again show that our unique proposition and engaging personalities really resonates with listeners.”
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period Q2 2017 (3rd April – 25th June 2017). Some stations do not cover the whole of the TSA (total survey area).
Notes to editor:
* Bauer Scotland’s Bauer City 2 network includes Clyde 2, Forth 2, MFR 2, Northsound 2, Tay 2 and Westsound AM in Ayr.
About Bauer Media:
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including heat, Kiss, Grazia, Empire, TV Choice, Take a Break, Bella, Magic and Absolute Radio.
It creates and curates entertaining media content that audiences love whenever, wherever and however they want through a multi-channel strategy and a focus on product excellence and audience insight.
The result is an exciting array of influential brands, content and talent which provide compelling and engaging advertising opportunities with valuable audiences for UK commercial partners.
Bauer Media UK is part of the Bauer Media Group, one of the world’s largest privately-owned media businesses with media assets all over the globe.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
The BIG Partnership contact details…