THIS course is aimed at National Union of Journalists members and reps who would like to develop their communication skills and confidence when dealing with people.
How do you deal with tricky situations whilst maintaining a positive relationship?
This day-long course will introduce you to some techniques to help you deal more confidently with some of those challenging conversations you have with managers, colleagues and clients.
When: 10 February 2018
Free – for NUJ members only
* Identify some of the reasons why individuals find some conversations more challenging to deal with than others;
* Consider why it is important to be an effective communicator;
* Understand the impact of different types of behaviour on relationships;
* Develop an understanding of what makes an effective communicator; and
* Practise using a range of communication technique.
You will be introduced to a range to techniques to help you decide which ones could be helpful for you in the future.
If you require a place on this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA RELEASE issued by NUJ Scotland. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
NUJ Scotland contact details…
Contact: Alice McCarney