MIDDLEBROOKS, a leading business recovery and advice specialist, has taken steps to further expand its business with the appointment of Steve Wilson as business development manager.
With 29 years’ experience in debt-related advice in relation to both personal and corporate insolvency, Steve has both practical insolvency experience and a proven track record for generating new work.
Middlebrooks has made a huge impact on the market in three years and now with four office locations, managing director, Claire Middlebrook, has her sights set on capturing more of the insolvency market.
Commenting on the appointment of Steve Wilson, Claire remarks: “Having Steve join Middlebrooks is exciting – he’s got significant knowledge and a great deal of professionalism in dealing with all aspects of insolvency in a friendly way, so he really enhances the services that Middlebrooks can offer.
“Providing quality business and insolvency advice is a highly regulated and complex landscape but Middlebrooks’ approach is a bit different to the norm: we’re all about connecting with and understanding our clients.
“It doesn’t matter if we’re engaged in a debtor-led or creditor-led insolvency, we always aim to be approachable and work with all parties involved to clearly explain the situation and potential consequences in an easily understandable manner. We’re all looking forward to delivering the work that Steve’s network brings to the business.
“We’ve already established ourselves in Edinburgh and Margo McLenan joining us last year helped the business to grow as Middlebrooks expanded in to Aberdeen, Glasgow and Manchester – so now I’m looking to grow the volume of work which we undertake.”
Talking about his new role, Steve says: “I really like Middlebrooks approach to insolvency, which can be a very daunting situation for individuals or businesses to deal with. Helping to make the process as understandable and manageable as possible has most definitely contributed to Middlebrooks success. I’m looking forward to working with the Middlebrooks team and I know it’s going to result in great things!”
- Established in 2015 by Insolvency Practitioner Claire Middlebrook, Middlebrooks was founded to offer individuals and companies in financial distress an approachable place to access quality advice and practical solutions.
- Middlebrooks has made a huge impact on the market in three years, winning Recovery Firm of the Year in the new start up category at the I&R Awards in 2015 and being Insolvency Team of the Year finalist at the same awards in Last year, the team at Middlebrooks were finalists for Insolvency Team of the Year at both the Scottish Accountancy and Finance Awards and the national TRI Awards.
- The business employs 12 professional staff and 4 support staff and has offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Manchester.
- Claire Middlebrook is authorised to act as an Insolvency Practitioner in the UK by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland. Claire is also a Chartered Accountant. She began her career in Leeds and as such has experience of both English and Scottish insolvency legislation.
- As well as taking both individual and company formal insolvency appointments, Middlebrooks is also heavily involved in solvent restructuring to maximise wealth withdrawal from companies. The business works with financial institutions, (high street banks and asset-based lenders) to advise on potential restructuring of their clients and risk reviews.
- Claire is a member of R3, the trade body for insolvency professionals and is regularly asked to speak at industry conferences. She also sits on the Personal Insolvency Committee for R3, a committee formed to represent the needs and views of UK insolvency practitioners to those in Government responsible for changing personal insolvency legislation.
- Steve Wilson is based at Middlebrooks’ Edinburgh office with regular visits across Scotland and to the Manchester office to help grow the business in the north of England. This month, Steve takes up the post of Secretary Treasurer on the committee of his BNI Ultimate chapter in Dundee, which will further enhance his network.
- For more information contact 0131 297 7899 to speak with Claire or Steve.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by KD Marketing. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allFinancePR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
KD Marketing contact details…