NUJ Training Scotland has received funding to provide training covering the new GDPR regulations and how it affects members.
Initially, we are running the three-hour sessions in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Perth and the scheduled dates are as follows:
28th August (2pm-5pm) Glasgow
30th August (2pm-5pm) Edinburgh
3rd September (2pm-5pm) Perth
The session will look at the following areas:
* What is personal data?
* Basic GDPR requirements. Data protection principles and data subject rights.
* Public perceptions. What people might expect, correctly or incorrectly.
* The public interest, what it means – the basis for journalism exemptions from GDPR requirements.
* What is covered by exemptions?
* What is not covered by exemptions?
* What happens if things go wrong?
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come basis.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by NUJ Training Scotland. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allmedianews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
NUJ Training Scotland contact details…
Contact: Joan Macdonald