FLYING the flag for our famous Scottish hospitality continues to pay dividends for one thriving Glasgow business!
Chardon Leisure Ltd, the hospitality business owned and operated by industry veteran, Maurice Taylor CBE, and his daughter, Nicola, is celebrating being shortlisted for two accolades at the prestigious Glasgow Business Awards 2018.
The business has beaten off stiff competition to be confirmed as finalists in the Best Performing Large Business and Best Family Business categories at the awards, which are organised by Glasgow Chamber of Commerce.
In Glasgow, Chardon’s dynamic Taylor duo and their 114-strong team are the force behind multi-award-winning properties including Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels in the city’s Theatreland and sister restaurant, La Bonne Auberge.
Nicola Taylor, CEO of Chardon Leisure Ltd, notes: “To ensure our properties are the very best in the city and beyond, we set exceptionally high standards and expect only the best from everyone who works with us. For that reason, we are absolutely delighted for our hard-working team that their constant efforts and ongoing commitment are being recognised with not one, but two shortlistings in Glasgow’s premier business awards ceremony.”
Maurice Taylor CBE, chair of Chardon Leisure, adds: “It is an absolute honour for Chardon Leisure to be recognised in this way, especially in categories which include some of the finest companies this country has ever produced. And on a more personal note, it is humbling that the business I started quite a few decades ago is still deemed worthy of recognition today.”
The 2018 winners will be announced at a glittering awards dinner which takes place on Thursday 4 October at the Hilton Glasgow.
Notes to editor:
- Chardon Leisure was founded by Maurice Taylor in 1973, and today the company owns six properties – those noted above plus Holiday Inn Expresses in Edinburgh Royal Mile, Edinburgh Airport, Perth and Dunfermline.
- The award-winning Holiday Inn Glasgow Theatreland opened in 1995 and offers 113 en-suite bedrooms including Executive Rooms and Penthouse Suites, as well as the function room, all of which have been fully refurbished recently.
- Its sister property, the hugely popular Holiday Inn Express Glasgow opened in 1999 and offers 118 en-suite bedrooms including standard twin/doubles and family rooms.
- Launched in 1975, he multi award winning La Bonne Auberge brasserie takes pride in being one of the few Glasgow restaurants to still be in business after 40 years. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. The restaurant has proudly held the AA Rosette award for over 20 years. In 2017, La Bonne Auberge won Best Hotel Restaurant of the Year, in 2018 it received the Best back of house team accolade in the Prestige Awards 2018.
- La Bonne Auberge executive chef, Gerry Sharkey, who has been with the business for 25 years, recently won the inaugural UK wide H&C Chef Mentor Award 2018, and was the only Scottish chef in the final, competing against various Michelin Star chefs and restaurants.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Emjay PR. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allGlasgowPR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Emjay PR contact details…