WEST FM’s Cream of Ayrshire Awards is on the hunt for local heroes and is calling on the people of Ayrshire to nominate their community champions ahead of the deadline this Sunday (2 September).
Back for its 12th year, the awards recognise individuals and companies who go above and beyond for the community across Ayrshire.
With 11 categories to choose from – including ‘The Good Neighbour Award’, ‘The School Champion Award’ and ‘The Lifetime Achievement Award’ – there are plenty of different kinds of heroes to be celebrated.
Following the deadline this Sunday, a judging panel will choose three finalists in each category, and listeners will be asked to vote for their favourites from Friday 21 September to Sunday 23 September. Votes will be counted and winners will be revealed at the awards on Thursday 4 October at the Park Hotel, Kilmarnock.
Guests of the evening, sponsored by J&D Pierce Contracts, can expect an inspirational night with a delicious three course meal, entertainment and a lot of laughs from dynamic duo Ewen Cameron and Cat Harvey who are set to host.
Brenda Ritchie, Station Director, said: “We urge as many people as possible to nominate their local heroes in this year’s Cream of Ayrshire Awards. Not only is it a firm staple in the Ayrshire calendar, it is the perfect opportunity to give thanks and shine a light on the inspiring individuals and businesses we have here in Ayrshire that work tirelessly to go the extra mile for others.”
The full list of categories include:
- The Best Local Bar Restaurant Award sponsored by Reids Food Service Ltd
- The Child Bravery Award sponsored by Arthur J. Gallagher
- The Class Of The Year sponsored by Steven Brown Art
- The Best Local Charity Award sponsored by Rivergate Shopping Centre
- The Good Neighbour Award sponsored by Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- The Unsung Hero Award sponsored by Ayrshire Council, East Ayrshire Council and North Ayrshire Council
- The Sporting Hero Award sponsored by the Ayrshire Post, Kilmarnock Standard and The Irvine Herald
- The School Champion Award sponsored by Brownings The Bakers
- The Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by Eydent, the Alliance of Ayrshire Housing Associations
- The Contribution To The Community Award sponsored by Spirit Aerosystems
- The Up And Coming Young Person Award sponsored by Billy Bowie Special Projects Limited
To nominate your community heroes simply head to westfm.co.uk/awards with nominations closing this Sunday (2 September).
Keep up with all the latest competitions, gossip, music and news on West FM online, via our app and on Facebook and Twitter:
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
The BIG Partnership contact details…