THE Celtic Media Festival (CMF) are thrilled to announce a partnership with Screen Scotland for their 40th edition of the festival.
Taking place in Aviemore, Scotland, from the 4th – 6th of June, the festival combines a major conference of seminars, networking events and masterclasses, with presentations of coveted prizes in an international competition across all the main content genres in TV, radio, film and digital media.
CMF will provide the perfect opportunity for people to get face time with the Screen Scotland team and find out their latest news, what is coming up and available funding opportunities. Screen Scotland recently announced the launch of a new Screen Professional Development Fund to help screen professionals to further their skills in their chosen fields with awards of up to £5,000 now available.
There will be a special screening of the Screen Scotland-supported Eminent Monsters on the opening day of the festival, Tuesday 4th June.
Following on from the screening, Screen Scotland will host the CMF19 opening event for delegates where all those attending the festival are invited to join in the first day celebrations for the festival’s 40th year.
Catriona Logan, festival director, said: “Celtic Media Festival has worked with Creative Scotland for years and we are so delighted to be partnering with Screen Scotland in such a big way for the 40th year of CMF.”
Isabel Davis, executive director at Screen Scotland, said: “We’re partnering with the Celtic Media Festival to encourage international collaboration and give a platform to some of the most exciting work being made in the Celtic Nations. Scottish film and TV are in the ascendant, and with the recent launch of the new BBC Scotland channel, the forthcoming Channel 4 hub in Glasgow and our new Broadcast Content Fund, this is a perfect time for the Festival to return to Scotland.”
Notes to editors:
ABOUT THE CELTIC MEDIA FESTIVAL
* Celtic Media Festival celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2019 from the 4th-6th of June in Aviemore, Scotland
* The Celtic Media Festival is supported by broadcast, film, cultural and economic development organisations throughout the Celtic countries
* The festival is an annual three-day celebration of broadcasting, film talent and excellence from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, the Isle of Man, Cornwall, Brittany and Galicia
* One of the many festival highlights will be the presentation of the Torc Awards for Excellence. Categories include Factual Series, Arts, Drama Series , Sport, Current Affairs, Best App, Radio Station of the Year and a new category for 2019, Short Form. For further details, please see www.celticmediafestival.co.uk
* For more details on the history of the festival, award categories and delegate registration, please visit www.celticmediafestival.co.uk
* The Celtic Media International Pitching Forum will take place at CMF19 with a development fund prize of £10,000. The proposal pitching round is now open, which this year focuses on Factual Programming and CMF are welcoming pitches from producers to firstname.lastname@example.org until 5pm March 31st
* The festival is core funded by: BBC Wales, BBC Northern Ireland, RTÉ, TG4, MG ALBA, Northern Ireland Screen, BBC Scotland, S4C, Television de Galicia, Isle of Media
* Festival sponsors for 2019 are: Screen Scotland, Broadcasting Authority of Ireland and The Highland Council
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Celtic Media Festival. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Celtic Media Festival contact details…
Contact: Jenn Nimmo-Smith