Cricket World Cup promises a matchday experience like no other with an interactive sports presentation programme for all fans
EXPECTED to be the third most-watched sporting event in history, the 2019 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup (CWC19) will be staged in England and Wales 30th May -14th July, comprising 48 one-day internationals in 11 stadia between ten competing nations.
Unprecedented demand for matchday tickets during the initial ballots should see near capacity crowds throughout, with an estimated 1.5 million cricket fans expected to witness the live match spectacle.
CWC19 and Red Sky at Night Events (RSANE) will deliver fan activation and sports presentation on all matchdays for three vital stages: walking routes from city centre hubs to stadia, off-pitch stadia concourse and fanzone areas and in-bowl activities, which covers everything from the opening ceremony to pre-match and mid-innings entertainment to multi-media content production and energising the in-match atmosphere.
Head of tournament sports presentation, Annabel Graham, gave a hint of what fans can expect on matchdays. She said: “Our incredibly varied programme will inform, entertain, excite and even surprise fans throughout matchdays. Young cricket fans are in for a treat with hands-on interactive skills challenges and kid-friendly materials. We’ve catered for cricket ‘newbies’ with quick-guides explaining cricket rules and game-plays. Fans of all ages will love the varied entertainment set to keep the matchday atmosphere energised from dawn till dusk.”
Graham added: “Working with our sports presentation partner, Red Sky at Night Events, we’ve developed an innovative and highly-interactive fan activation programme that goes beyond the boundary.”
RSANE MD, Jenny Gilmour, commented: “The sheer range and depth of fan engagement fielded by CWC19 has required a vast amount of planning and, to help us deliver on matchdays, our teams will be supported by the World Cup Cricketeers, the wonderful volunteer army now recruited and with whom we’re working closely.
“From innovative digital and social interactions to fun-packed activity areas in the stadia concourse to selfie-walls, kid-friendly materials and ‘in-match’ entertainment, our mission is to deliver fans an unforgettable and high-octane matchday experience.”
Gilmour reflected on her agency’s latest challenge: “Since our formation 17 years ago, we’ve been at the forefront of sports presentation, developing innovative matchday concepts for clients as varied as the SRU and RFU, Rugby Football League, the Ryder Cup Europe and British Cycling.
“Following on our widely acclaimed sports presentation delivery for the 2017 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, we were delighted to be appointed last year as a tournament partner for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019.”
Gilmour added: “This is an exceptional summer for Red Sky at Night Events, with our teams set to deliver sports presentation at two World Cups; the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 plus the fan activation and in-arena presentation for the prestigious Vitality Netball World Cup 2019 at the M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool.”
In recent years, RSANE has led the field in sport presentation delivery, most notably through its video creation and production capabilities, its well-earned reputation for digital adeptness and innovation and its strengths in blending matchday activations and content creation with social and web engagement.
Another feather in the agency’s cap is the vastly-experienced core RSANE team, whom Jenny Gilmour has fielded for more than a decade and who bring a combined 150+year’s event management experience.
Notes for editors:
ABOUT THE ICC MEN’S CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- The tournament will run from 30 May to 14 July. The semi-finals will be played at Old Trafford in Manchester and Edgbaston in Birmingham on 9 and 11 July respectively, while Lord’s will host the final on 14 July.
- 11 venues across England and Wales will be used, namely Cardiff Wales Stadium in Cardiff (four matches), Bristol County Ground in Bristol (three matches), County Ground Taunton in Taunton (three matches), Edgbaston in Birmingham (five matches, including the second semi-final), Hampshire Bowl in Southampton (five matches), Headingley in Leeds (four matches), Lord’s in London (five matches, including the final), Old Trafford in Manchester (six matches, including the first semi-final), The Oval in London (five matches, including the tournament opener), The Riverside Durham in Chester-le-Street (three matches) and Trent Bridge in Nottingham (five matches)
- The ten teams in the tournament will play against each other in a single-league format, with the top four sides after 45 matches to qualify for the two semi-finals
- England and Wales have previously staged ICC Cricket World Cups in 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1999
- Australia is the most successful team in the history of the World Cup, having won events in 1987, 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2015. The West Indies won the first two editions in 1975 and 1979, while India won in 1983 and 2011. Other winners are Pakistan in 1992 and Sri Lanka in 1996.
Full match schedule link https://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/fixtures
For more information about the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019, please click here.
Martin Gritton – communications manager, ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019
About Red Sky at Night Events Ltd
Red Sky at Night Events Ltd, is an UK-based event management company, expert in delivering events of all sizes to a variety of global and national clients. Meticulous planning, exacting delivery, creative flair, content creation and digital innovation are its hallmarks.
Founded in 2002 and with offices in Edinburgh and London, the agency has managed every conceivable type of event, from highly prestigious corporate gatherings, to large scale public festivals and, most notably, delivered sports presentation programmes at over 200 international sporting events at almost all the UKs largest stadia.
- In May 2010, RSANE produced the May Bank holiday weekend’s two biggest stadia events which attracted 120,000 sports fans – Comic Relief’s Big Red Day Out at Old Trafford and the RFL’s Magic Weekend at Murrayfield Stadium
- In 2014, RSANE were appointed by Diageo and Ryder Cup Europe to deliver a programme of special events for the 2014 Ryder Cup at Edinburgh Castle, Gleneagles and Glasgow’s Kelvin Hall Museum
- In 2015 RSANE produced the Red Heart United fundraiser for Manchester United Foundation, which featured the Manchester United Legends vs Bayern Munich Legends and included a two-hour pre-match entertainment programme and fan-zone.
- Since 2014, RSANE has expanded its video production capabilities and has, in the past 24 months, produced almost 50 short-films optimised for online/social
- In 2017, RSANE delivered an innovative and highly acclaimed sports presentation program for the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup.
For further information about Red Sky at Night Events Ltd:
For further press information about Red Sky at Night Events Ltd:
firstname.lastname@example.org Fiona Stewart/ Interwoven PR
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Interwoven PR. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allSportsPR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Interwoven PR contact details…