TODAY, Wednesday 24 July 2019, Creative Scotland announces a call out for applications to the next round of the Touring Theatre and Dance Fund.
Applications are invited from Scotland-based dance and theatre artists, companies and organisations, independent dance and theatre producers and venues, for the making and touring of new work or the restaging of previous work for touring to a minimum of 12 locations across Scotland over a maximum two-year period.
The deadline for applications to this round of funding is Monday 14 October 2019. Funding guidance and application forms can be accessed here.
Since the fund launched last year, 28 projects have received a total of £2million, enabling a rich and colourful variety of award winning physical theatre, circus, street dance and spoken word performances to weave their way to small and medium-sized venues across 31 of Scotland’s Local Authority areas.
Creative Scotland’s Lorna Duguid commented: “The Touring Fund is helping to strengthen opportunities for theatre and dance artists, venues and audiences through its support for a great selection of touring theatre and dance work.
“The companies and artists already receiving funding, demonstrate the richness and diversity of work being created for touring in Scotland, and promise great experiences for audiences in venues across the country in the coming year and beyond.”
A total of £1million of National Lottery funding through Creative Scotland is available in this round. Deadlines for subsequent funding rounds will be announced shortly.
Notes for editors:
1. The Touring Theatre and Dance Fund is open to Scotland-based dance and theatre artists, companies and organisations, independent dance and theatre producers and venues, for the making and touring of new work or the restaging of previous work for touring across Scotland.
2. The deadline for applications to this round of funding is Monday 14 October 2019. Funding guidance and application forms can be accessed here.
3. Deadlines for the next round of funding will be announced shortly. To keep up to date with the latest news, sign up to our newsletter and follow us @CreativeScots
4. Decisions will be made by a panel drawn from the touring dance and theatre sector and Creative Scotland specialist staff. The sector panel members will be recruited by an open call process and selected by Creative Scotland, Federation of Scottish Theatre and sector representatives. Membership of the panel is for set periods and new members will be regularly recruited. The call out for the new panel members will be made in the coming weeks. To keep up to date with the latest news, sign up to our newsletter and follow us @CreativeScots
5. Creative Scotland is the public body that supports the arts, screen and creative industries across all parts of Scotland on behalf of everyone who lives, works or visits here. We enable people and organisations to work in and experience the arts, screen and creative industries in Scotland by helping others to develop great ideas and bring them to life. We distribute funding provided by the Scottish Government and the National Lottery. www.creativescotland.com. Follow us on Twitter @creativescots, Facebook www.facebook.com/CreativeScotland and Instagram www.instagram.com/creativescots
Wendy Grannon, media relations and PR manager, Creative Scotland.
E: email@example.com / T: 0131 523 0016 / M: (+44) 7989 854 306.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Creative Scotland. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allTheatrePR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Creative Scotland contact details…
Contact: Eilidh Walker