FOLLOWING store closures, as an initial response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Fife-based Bayne’s the Family Bakers – with stores across Fife and Edinburgh – has re-opened 42 of its shops, providing fresh-baked goods to the local community and a delivery service for those who are isolating at home.
John Bayne, joint managing director, said “We are continuing to implement changes to our format as the safety and well-being of our staff and customers remains the highest priority. We are delighted to have been able to safely re-open in 42 locations and, when our other shops can, we will continue to open them with extra safety measures in place.”
The measures the bakery has implemented includes:
- A limited range of essential goods, most of which will be packaged at the bakery;
- Fewer staff in shops due to the simplified offer, enabling social distancing;
- Perspex screens at tills;
- Only accepting card payments and preferably contactless;
- Allowing only a restricted number of customers into the shops, by using posters in windows, social distancing stickers on the floor, A-frame boards with social distancing measures at the door, and a member of staff to restrict customer numbers into each shop; and
- Reduced opening hours.
John continued: “I would like to thank all our staff for their hard work and support over the past few challenging weeks. Please could you respect the systems we have put in place to keep other customers and our staff safe by social distancing.”
In addition to its programme of store re-openings, the baker has also made available a home delivery service in the KY12, KY11 KY7, KY6, KY5, KY4, KY2 and KY1 areas.
Orders placed Monday-to-Thursday will be delivered in two working days. Where an order is received over a weekend Friday – Sunday, delivery will be Tuesday.
“We hope to add more areas soon,” concluded John.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Fourcade Communications. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allFoodPR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Fourcade Communications contact details…
Contact: Julie Fourcade