THE Supplier Development Programme (SDP) has welcomed RJ McLeod as a corporate member.
RJ McLeod will now be able to utilise the Supplier Development Programme to alert the market of upcoming contract and framework opportunities to more than 16,800 registered micro, small, medium and supported businesses in Scotland.
RJ McLeod is currently delivering several contracts for Glasgow City Council and is demonstrating its commitment to engagement with suppliers on potential supply chain opportunities by joining the Supplier Development Programme.
The new membership agreement was signed just prior to the Meet the Buyer North 2020: live virtual event on 2 September, which will allow RJ McLeod to engage with SMEs and advertise future supply chain opportunities in civil engineering and building in Scotland.
Gillian Cameron, Supplier Development Programme manager, said: “Sole traders and small businesses often look for work within a supply chain, but don’t necessarily know where to begin. The Supplier Development Programme is delighted to welcome RJ McLeod as a corporate member to provide a joined up link for suppliers and improve their tendering skills to engage with the wider public sector.”
Christina McKitrick, RJ McLeod’s CSR manager, said: “We’re delighted to engage with the Supplier Development Programme to facilitate RJ McLeod’s commitment to involve SMEs, third sector and supported businesses as part of our sustainable procurement process.”
Notes for editors:
- SDP is a publicly-funded partnership led by local authorities, working in conjunction with Scottish Government and other public bodies, to bring Scottish SMEs support in all aspects of tendering. By assisting businesses to become tender ready for public procurement, SDP improves all-round efficiency, sustainability and market potential.
- For more information on RJ McLeod, visit rjmcleod.co.uk.
- In Scotland, there is an annual public spend of £11billion. In the UK, there is an annual public spend of £240billion. SDP Scotland offers free training throughout Scotland to Scottish SMEs to support and champion them tendering for this work.
- The Meet the Buyer North 2020: live virtual event is free to attend and businesses must register in advance by visiting sdpscotland.co.uk/events-mtbn-virtual.
- Membership of SDP provides:
- early market awareness and promotion of potential tender/supply chain opportunities;
- support at the organisation’s tender-related supplier engagement events;
- additional participation in the organisation’s tender and supply chain opportunities; and
- assistance to organisations to promote the availability of the Supplier Development Programme’s free procurement training to the organisation’s supply base.
- Visit www.sdpscotland.co.uk for more information.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Supplier Development Programme. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
SDP contact details…