THE Supplier Development Programme (SDP) has welcomed its newest member in public sector procurement, Procurement for Housing (PfH) Scotland.
PfH Scotland enters into a new partnership with Supplier Development Programme to connect with more than 17,000 registered micro, small, medium and supported businesses in Scotland for upcoming contract and framework opportunities.
Contract notices have been published on Public Contract Scotland for frameworks in Whole House Refurbishment, Kitchen Supply, and Window and Door Manufacture and Installation.
The contract value of the Whole House Refurbishment alone is estimated to be £250m.
Next year will see up to a further six frameworks tendered by the organisation.
The new membership agreement with the Supplier Development Programme was signed just prior to the Fife Meet the Buyer virtual event last month, at which PfH engaged with 168 attendees from 138 Scottish SMEs online.
Gillian Cameron, Supplier Development Programme manager, said: “PfH Scotland offers a wide range of framework and contract opportunities for suppliers across the UK, and the Supplier Development Programme will build upon a close partnership approach in engaging Scottish SMEs to help them find, win and keep public sector contracts such as these.”
Chris McGinn, PfH Scotland, commercial manager said:
“These frameworks are a result of extensive pre-tender engagement with buyers from public sector organisations, and are designed in an effort to be inclusive of all suppliers.
“PfH Scotland encourages all Scottish micro, small- and medium-sized businesses to participate in free tender training with the Supplier Development Programme to help ensure they are ‘tender ready’ and positioned to be successful.”
Notes for editors:
- SDP is a publicly-funded partnership led by Local Authorities, working in conjunction with Scottish Government and other public bodies, to bring Scottish SMEs support in all aspects of tendering. By assisting businesses to become tender ready for public procurement, SDP improves all-round efficiency, sustainability and market potential.
- For more information on PfH, visit pfhscotland.co.uk.
- In Scotland, there is an annual public spend of £11billion. In the UK, there is an annual public spend of £240billion. SDP Scotland offers free training throughout Scotland to Scottish SMEs to support and champion them tendering for this work.
- Membership of SDP provides:
- early market awareness and promotion of potential tender/supply chain opportunities;
- support at the organisation’s tender-related supplier engagement events;
- additional participation in the organisation’s tender and supply chain opportunities; and
- assistance to organisations to promote the availability of the Supplier Development Programme’s free procurement training to the organisation’s supply base.
- Visit sdpscotland.co.uk for more information.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by SDP. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
SDP contact details…