NEWS Scotland – publishers of The Times Scotland, The Sunday Times Scotland and The Scottish Sun – welcomed figures published this week by PAMCo, which provides audience measurement data for publishers, showing that the titles are print brand leaders in Scotland.
Overall, News Scotland’s news brands are read by three million adults per month. This equates to 65 per cent of the Scottish population reading at least one News Scotland title in print or online each month.
The Scottish Sun has 2.6 million monthly readers, while The Times and The Sunday Times (Times Newspapers Limited) collectively reach 1.4 million adults in Scotland a month.
The Times Scotland’s average issue readership is 48,000, while The Sunday Times Scotland is at 89,000, with a collective digital audience of 1.2 million.
Richard Bogie, managing director of News Scotland and News Ireland, said: “After the stunning success of News Scotland in this year’s Scottish Press Awards, these figures are another vote of confidence in our news brands, across both print and increasingly digital.
“We are delighted with the progress we continue to make, which is testament to the talent and commitment of our people, backed by the investment we put into our products. Delivering high-quality and trusted journalism to our audiences in challenging times reflects the news that people clearly want to consume.”
Notes for editors:
Total Brand Reach (TBR) is the PAMCo-agreed measure reach of all related content for each publisher brand.
Average Issue Readership (AIR) is the number of people who have read or looked at an average issue of a publication, based on each title’s publication interval.
The full list of News Scotland 12 winners at this year’s 42nd Scottish Press Awards, held in September, is as follows:
* Daily Newspaper of the Year winner: The Scottish Sun
* Sunday Newspaper of the Year winner: The Sunday Times
* Journalist of the Year winner: Chris Musson
* Lifetime Achievement: Alan Muir
* Reporter of the Year winner: Chris Musson, The Scottish Sun
* Journalism Team of the Year winner: The Scottish Sun
* Scoop of the Year winner: Graham Mann and Chris Musson, The Scottish Sun
* News Website of the Year winner: The Scottish Sun
* Best Coverage of a Live Event winner: The Scottish Sun
* Financial Business Journalist of the Year winner: Greig Cameron, The Times
* Political Journalist of the Year winner: Chris Musson, The Scottish Sun
* Travel Writer of the Year winner: Gabriella Bennett, The Times
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Charlotte Street Partners. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Charlotte Street Partners contact details…
Contact: Charlotte Street Partners