THE Scottish Sun newspaper has enjoyed some 2.8m monthly readers across all its print and digital platforms, while The Times and The Sunday Times (Times Newspapers Limited, or TNL) collectively reach 1.4m readers in Scotland a month – according to latest Publishers Audience Measurement Company figures.
This latest PAMCo release, which measures the print and digital consumption of news,
covers print readership from September 2020 – March 2022, and March 2022 Ipsos iris
UK digital data.
Taken together, News Scotland brands are read by 3.2m adults each month across print
and digital platforms, which means that two-thirds of adults in Scotland consume at
least one News Scotland brand over the course of the month.
Of TNL’s 1.4m monthly audience in Scotland, women make up 51 per cent; and 70 per cent of readers are in the ABC1 bracket.
Richard Bogie, managing director of News Scotland and News Ireland, said: “These are excellent figures for News Scotland brands, across both our print and increasingly digital platforms. They reflect the good year we have had following our success at the 2021 Scottish Press Awards, and demonstrate that the talent of our people backed by investment in the brands continues to be the winning formula for the consumption of news in Scotland.”
Notes for editors:
The full list of News Scotland’s 12 winners at the 2021 year’s 42nd Scottish Press
Awards, held last September, is as follows:
* Daily Newspaper of the Year winner: The Scottish Sun
* Sunday Newspaper of the Year winner: The Sunday Times
* Journalist of the Year winner: Chris Musson
* Lifetime Achievement: Alan Muir
* Reporter of the Year winner: Chris Musson, The Scottish Sun
* Journalism Team of the Year winner: The Scottish Sun
* Scoop of the Year winner: Graham Mann and Chris Musson, The Scottish Sun
* News Website of the Year winner: The Scottish Sun
* Best Coverage of a Live Event winner: The Scottish Sun
* Financial Business Journalist of the Year winner: Greig Cameron, The Times
* Political Journalist of the Year winner: Chris Musson, The Scottish Sun
* Travel Writer of the Year winner: Gabriella Bennett, The Times
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Charlotte Street Partners. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Charlotte Street Partners contact details…
Contact: Adam Shaw