A CHART-topping line-up has today been confirmed for Radio Clyde’s first Cash for Kids Christmas lunch of 2010.
McFly, Tinchy Stryder, Diana Vickers, The Saturday’s, Joe McEldry, Alicia Dixon and Emma’s Imagination are the hot acts that will appear on stage at the sell-out event, which will take place at the Glasgow Hilton Hotel on December 3rd.
Approximately 650 people are due to attend the prestigious luncheon, which achieved sell-out status within 20 minutes when tickets went on sale in October.
The final table of ten was today put out to public auction on online bidding site, eBay.
The fundraising team is keen to beat last year’s winning bid of £3,200 before it closes on Thursday at 17.45.
The musical line up for the second lunch, which will take place on December 10th, is to be announced next week.
This year is the 30th year that Radio Clyde Cash for Kids has extended its support to vulnerable children in Glasgow and the West of Scotland.
Since 1980, the charity has pledged over £21million to help 1.3 million deprived children.
Tracey McNellan, Radio Clyde’s station director, said: “We are absolutely delighted to announce the first fantastic line up for the Cash for Kids charity lunch events this year.
“Radio Clyde is honored to be involved with the projects receiving funding. The support from our listeners continues to grow year on year, reflecting just how important this charity is to them and how vital Cash for Kids’ work is, particularly at this time of year.”
Sharon Taylor, charity manager at Radio Clyde Cash for Kids, said: “The Radio Clyde Cash for Kids annual lunches have become key dates in the Christmas social calendar. We are thrilled that the station has again this year managed to secure a whole host of top acts to entertain our first 650 diners – everyone attending will be in for a real treat!
“Every penny that is donated to Cash for Kids goes directly to children in the West of Scotland who need it most. The funds that we raise through the lunch events and our other fundraising initiatives go directly to bring presents to those children on Christmas morning.”
Issued on behalf of Bauer Media by The BIG Partnership.
For further information please contact:
Nicola Macnaughton at The BIG Partnership on 0141 333 9585 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bauer Media
- Bauer Media’s portfolio of over 80 influential media brands connect over 19 million UK adults with excellent content whenever, wherever and however they want.
- The UK’s Bauer Radio Network is home to a growing network of No.1 commercial radio stations in all major markets in the UK, and has a combined reach of 12.2 million listeners.
- The Network’s 19 regional commercial radio stations include some of the UK’s most established and prestigious; Manchester’s Key 103, Liverpool’s Radio City, Sheffield’s Hallam FM, Cool FM in Belfast, Clyde 1 in Glasgow and Forth One in Edinburgh.
About Radio Clyde Cash for Kids
- Since our first appeal in 1980 we have raised over £21 million and helped more than 1.6 million of the West of Scotland’s most deprived children.
- Every penny you donate goes directly to children in the West of Scotland who need it most. No money from donations is ever used for administration.
- Demand for grants has increased this year by an unprecedented ten per cent on 2009 figures. Children in need in over 24,000 families and over 520 community support groups for children will receive grants this year from Cash for Kids – totalling 100,000 children.
- A grant from Cash for Kids makes the difference between having presents on Christmas morning or nothing….no tree, no toys, no magic.
- Donations that are received during our Christmas campaign are immediately allocated to children and/or projects that make a difference to children in local communities.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by The BIG Partnership. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.