STARTING this weekend, Val d’Isère hosts the 55th Criterium de la Première Neige.
This year, the skiing World Cup will have a distinctly British feel as the competition celebrates Britain’s contribution all things ski.
* 2010 is the year the Criterium begins to celebrate the racers and nations who have shaped the world of skiing. The first of these festivals is dedicated to the Brits, those pioneers of skiing and inveterate competitors! To have Britain celebrated first and foremost is a real honour.
* Kicking off the Criterium on December 11-12 is the Men’s Slalom, which will see world champions take on the course down the Face de Bellevarde, a piste which is steep like no other. Only perfect technique will keep racers on the track.
* 147 different events have been organised in the resort to celebrate the Criterium.
* Bringing the world’s best skiers closer to spectators, the ‘Champions’ Alley’ will take the racers right through the crowd from the arrival area.
* A TV audience of 13 million is expected to tune in to follow the event.
For more information, visit the Val d’Isère website.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by ATOUT FRANCE. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Calum Grant