ARCHIAL, one of the country’s largest architectural practices and a member of the global Ingenium Group of companies, has been appointed by Mitie Technical Facilities Management as lead consultant for the relocation of Aberdeen College’s Department of Music and Performing Arts from the Gordon Centre to the Gallowgate campus in the city centre.
The project consists of 750 sq m of refurbishment works to provide high-quality music teaching rooms, project studios, technicians rooms, music and band practice areas, workshops, dressing rooms and a studio theatre.
Chris Cockburn, director at Archial, said: “We’re delighted to have been selected by Mitie Technical Facilities Management as architects for the new Department of Music and Performing Arts and look forward to continuing our successful working relationship with Aberdeen College following the recent completion of the new Construction Training Centre and the ongoing work with the ASET International Oil and Gas Training Academy, both at Altens.”
The project team supporting Archial on the relocation is: WI Talbot, quantity surveyor; Hawthorne Boyle Partnership, mechanical and engineering services; Ramsay & Chalmers, structural engineer, and David Scherchen, specialist studio design.
For further information please contact Chris Cockburn 0141 204 6500
Issued on behalf of Archial by Liquorice Media tel 0141 561 4018 www.liquorice-media.com
Date 25th February 2011
Notes to Editors
- Archial is an international architectural specialist with public and private-sector clients. Its diverse portfolio includes work in corporate, education, government, healthcare, industrial, mixed-use, residential, retail and transport sectors and it employs approximately 300 employees in offices throughout England and Scotland.
- The award-winning Archial organisation has been known for delivering intelligent solutions that combine creative excellence with commercial success.
- Delivering global building solutions, the 900 employees of the privately held Ingenium Group of companies offer an extensive range of architectural, engineering, land use and development planning, interior design, project management, construction, design-build and partnership services through offices in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, the Middle East, and Asia.
- It has a broad and diverse portfolio of completed work within the commercial, government, transportation and lifestyle sectors, comprising some of the largest building projects in the world.
- The Ingenium Group member company brands include Archial, Alsop Sparch, NORR, Giffels, CION and Westpro.
- For more information: www.theingeniumgroup.com.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Liquorice Media. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Susan Christie
Phone: 0141 561 4018