JOHN Easton, head of Archial Sustainable Futures, the respected research, development and advice consultancy, and a member of the global Ingenium Group of companies, will this evening (01.03.11) deliver a lecture on sustainable building design and architecture at the launch of Heriot-Watt University’s Carbon Master’s Postgraduate Programme.
Mr Easton said: “I’m delighted to be invited to participate in the launch of this new Carbon Management MSc for the Built Environment.
“My lecture will focus on how a sustainable, low carbon built environment is dependent upon skilled designers and integrated construction professionals working to a common low carbon theme.”
The programme targets graduates from a wide number of built environment professions, including Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Construction Project Management, Facilities Management, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Urban Studies, and Planning.
The overall aim of the proposed programme is to generate graduates who understand how decisions made regarding building construction and operations affect carbon emissions.
The launch of the postgraduate programme takes place this evening from 5:00pm to 7:30pm at the Post Graduate Centre, Heriot-Watt University.
Mr Easton’s lecture can be used towards Continued Professional Development training.
For further information please contact John Easton T: 0141 204 6500
Issued on behalf of Archial by Liquorice Media tel 0141 561 4018 www.liquorice-media.com
Date 1 March 2011
Notes to editors
- Delivering global building solutions, the 900 employees of the privately held Ingenium Group of companies offer an extensive range of architectural, engineering, land use and development planning, interior design, project management, construction, design-build and partnership services through offices in Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, the Middle East, and Asia.
- It has a broad and diverse portfolio of completed work within the commercial, government, transportation and lifestyle sectors, comprising some of the largest building projects in the world.
- The Ingenium Group member company brands include Archial, Alsop Sparch, NORR, Giffels, CION and Westpro.
- For more information: www.theingeniumgroup.com.
- John Easton is a Carbon Consultant accredited by The Carbon Trust to provide Low Carbon Buildings Design Advice and is a member of the Carbon Trust’s Consultant Pool in Scotland for Public Procurement.
- He is also licensed to provide BREEAM Education and Healthcare assessments.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Liquorice Media. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.